Chapala.com Webboard

Stimulus check Form1099 recipients

On 7/5/2020 at 9:49 AM, More Liana said:

On May 24, the IRS mailed me a letter stating that my stimulus money would be direct deposited to my Mexican bank.  I received that letter about 10 days ago.

Yesterday I checked the "Where's my payment" section of the IRS website.  The IRS posted there that my check was mailed out on June 12, to my address of record at my bank: i. e., my Mexican address.

Hmmm...I wonder if I'll get a direct deposit AND a check, a debit card, or what.  Nothing has arrived anywhere as of today.

I also found in that website that the IRS does not make direct deposits to a foreign bank, that is what it says.  My SS check is deposited directly to Multiva and my address on the 1099 is a rural Mexican address and I never get any mail. From what I have read and what I hear other people's comments receiving my check was not going to happen. What I did a couple of days ago, I went to a free filing website and file my taxes for 2019 although I do not need to file.  IRS accepted my 2019 tax return with an address in Laredo for a forwarding mail company. Now they have a USA address to mail my check and today I went to check Get My Payment website and when I introduced my SS # my new address in Laredo showed up all by itself in the proper address line, so I assume the IRS wrote that new information in because I did not. Anyway, I also read that checks for SS recipients that have not been mailed would go out after July 23. 

I just received my mailed check, delivered by MexPost and it did require a signature.

I just noticed a stamp on the back that says it was received in Chapala on "25 JUN". Eleven days to go another 400 meters ain't that bad, no?

13 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

I just received my mailed check, delivered by MexPost and it did require a signature.

I just noticed a stamp on the back that says it was received in Chapala on "25 JUN". Eleven days to go another 400 meters ain't that bad, no?

What if you're not home when they try to deliver the letter? Will they keep trying or is there some where you could go to pick it up in person?

I don't understand what goes on with this post office....her husband runs the one in Ajijic and it never took   too long for me to receive mail there.  Here is a completely different story!  Good luck...my check got deposited into my U.S. account after I gave up and sent the form required to change banks. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 11:55 AM, Willie said:

SS direct deposit in Bancomer....1099 has Mexican address.....wonder if I'll ever see it....sigh. Sure could use it!

Same here, but since I have never received anything in the mail at Roca Azul or my P O Box in Jocotepec and went ahead and file a tax return with my iShop address in Laredo although I did not have to file.  Four days later, I check Get My Payment, and there was a message saying that my check would be mailed on July 24, and in their form they had my address in Laredo which was never there before.  Maybe, I will get my check mailed to Laredo, and eventually to iShop in SJC.