Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

We are curious if anyone has received their stimulus check by direct deposit in a MEXICAN bank that have NOT filed a tax return but receive a 1099 form.   The Get My Payment website states payment should be direct deposited for 1099 recipients but will not give us our personal information.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My SS check is direct deposited to my US bank...so according to the IRS.gov info since I don’t have banking info on file with the IRS that’s what I expected for the stimulus check. But website says the check is scheduled to be mailed (I have a US address on file with IRS) on May 8. Doesn’t matter but I was surprised 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife has her SS check deposited directly to our credit union in the states, she received the stimulus payment last week. I wonder if mine is being delayed, held up, because I have a Mexican account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife got hers last Friday but mine seemed to not be there. After waiting a couple of days we again checked the link that indeed said mine had been deposited. Only my wife's sharp eyes noticed the last four digits of the account number were different. Sure enough, mine was deposited into an account where I receive my VA disability check. Why, I have no idea since my SSA check goes into our primary bank account., So pay attention to the account number if you're missing a check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine deposited in my Bancomer account this week.  I have filed taxes for 2019 and 2018.  Not sure which form is 1099.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ginger said:

I got mine deposited in my Bancomer account this week.  I have filed taxes for 2019 and 2018.  Not sure which form is 1099.

This is great news for those of us who have our SS direct deposited to a bank in Mexico, Ginger.  I also have my SS monthly benefit deposited to Bancomer, but have yet to see the deposit of the stimulus benefit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our SS checks are deposited into a Mexican bank.  I read somewhere that if that's the case, they send a paper check to the Mexican address they have on file at SS.  This will take awhile. Dang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my social Security check early a couple of weeks ago deposited in my Seattle , Bank of America checking account. But I have yet to receive my stimulus check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have my SS check deposited to a Mexican Bank and I get a SS1099.  I have not received my check and my address on the 1099 is a Mexican address  in Jocotepec. If they sent it to the Joco address I will never see it.  I have never received anything in the mail at this address, I have a Mexican P O Box also where I was hoping to receive another check from private retirement  but I never received any checks.  Three checks were lost or stolen.  Two of the checks I was able to report and they were cancelled and replaced but sent to a US address, one of them was cashed here in Mexico a year ago and still trying to recover it.

I contacted the SS office in the GDL Consulate and their response was that it will be handled like my Social Security check. Let us hope that is the case because It looks to me that I will never get it. From what I read on this Forum nobody receiving SS checks, with direct deposit to a Mexican bank and a Mexican address on their SS1099, has not reported receiving the stimulus check. 

Edited by bluerock537
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Received mine at ishop. My SS is direct deposit in a US account.  Apparently the two do not go to the same place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bluerock537 said:

I contacted the SS office in the GDL Consulate and their response was that it will be handled like my Social Security check. Let us hope that is the case because It looks to me that I will never get it. From what I read on this Forum nobody receiving SS checks, with direct deposit to a Mexican bank and a Mexican address on their SS1099, has not reported receiving the stimulus check. 

As I said earlier, I have my SS deposited in my Bancomer account here but I looked at my tax return and it shows my Handy Mail address in Laredo, TX. Since you get yours direct deposited as well, you should also get the check the same way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 11:36 PM, ibarra said:

We are curious if anyone has received their stimulus check by direct deposit in a MEXICAN bank that have NOT filed a tax return but receive a 1099 form.   The Get My Payment website states payment should be direct deposited for 1099 recipients but will not give us our personal information.  

 

 

On 5/4/2020 at 11:36 PM, ibarra said:

We are curious if anyone has received their stimulus check by direct deposit in a MEXICAN bank that have NOT filed a tax return but receive a 1099 form.   The Get My Payment website states payment should be direct deposited for 1099 recipients but will not give us our personal information.  

 

 

23 hours ago, bluerock537 said:

I have my SS check deposited to a Mexican Bank and I get a SS1099.  I have not received my check and my address on the 1099 is a Mexican address  in Jocotepec. If they sent it to the Joco address I will never see it.  I have never received anything in the mail at this address, I have a Mexican P O Box also where I was hoping to receive another check from private retirement  but I never received any checks.  Three checks were lost or stolen.  Two of the checks I was able to report and they were cancelled and replaced but sent to a US address, one of them was cashed here in Mexico a year ago and still trying to recover it.

I contacted the SS office in the GDL Consulate and their response was that it will be handled like my Social Security check. Let us hope that is the case because It looks to me that I will never get it. From what I read on this Forum anybody receiving SS checks with direct deposit to a Mexican bank and a Mexican address on their 1099 has reported receiving the stimulus check. 

On 5/4/2020 at 11:36 PM, ibarra said:

We are curious if anyone has received their stimulus check by direct deposit in a MEXICAN bank that have NOT filed a tax return but receive a 1099 form.   The Get My Payment website states payment should be direct deposited for 1099 recipients but will not give us our personal information.  

 

 

HnO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SS direct deposit in Bancomer....1099 has Mexican address.....wonder if I'll ever see it....sigh. Sure could use it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

SS direct deposit recipient but got mine in the mail.

We did too; just today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I live outside the United States and not in a U.S. Territory, how and when will I get my economic impact payment (EIP)?

Social Security beneficiaries with a foreign address whose monthly benefit is deposited in a foreign bank will receive their EIP by paper check in the mail, because the IRS does not deposit money into foreign accounts. The IRS anticipates it will start mailing these EIPs no later than July 24. Beneficiaries living abroad who receive their monthly benefit through a domestic bank should receive their EIP by direct deposit to that same account on or about July 24. 

So, if your Soc Sec. check is deposited to a Mexican bank account, you will get it in the mail to your Mexican address which means I will never see it because there is no mail delivery where I live, and what goes to the POBox in town, if they are checks, they disappear, since already three other checks mail to the box where never found and one was cashed in by someone besides me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a schwab account where they deposit my SS but theysay they cannot deposit that check... there so they will mail it to our address here.. I just received the letter they sent in May so good luck to the check..

Ny the way I am a foreigner who was on a green crd and I pay taxes there and I will receive the payment ig it ever comes... That may answer spme questions from other people who are in the same situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also had our check mailed May 15th. The IRS site says checks mailed to other countries will take approximately 9 weeks. I know others are also waiting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

In the past when something was mailed in USA to my Mexico address it took almost 6 weeks  So you may get your check any day

That is exactly how long most mail takes to get to our home, although I have noticed that some more official looking items reach us in as little as 10 days.

Given that many people in the US threw away the envelopes containing their stimulus on a debit card, I'm thinking the envelopes must not look like much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...