Chapala.com Webboard

Stimulus check Form1099 recipients

We are curious if anyone has received their stimulus check by direct deposit in a MEXICAN bank that have NOT filed a tax return but receive a 1099 form.   The Get My Payment website states payment should be direct deposited for 1099 recipients but will not give us our personal information.  

My SS check is direct deposited to my US bank...so according to the IRS.gov info since I don’t have banking info on file with the IRS that’s what I expected for the stimulus check. But website says the check is scheduled to be mailed (I have a US address on file with IRS) on May 8. Doesn’t matter but I was surprised 

My wife has her SS check deposited directly to our credit union in the states, she received the stimulus payment last week. I wonder if mine is being delayed, held up, because I have a Mexican account?

My wife got hers last Friday but mine seemed to not be there. After waiting a couple of days we again checked the link that indeed said mine had been deposited. Only my wife's sharp eyes noticed the last four digits of the account number were different. Sure enough, mine was deposited into an account where I receive my VA disability check. Why, I have no idea since my SSA check goes into our primary bank account., So pay attention to the account number if you're missing a check.

1 hour ago, Ginger said:

I got mine deposited in my Bancomer account this week.  I have filed taxes for 2019 and 2018.  Not sure which form is 1099.

This is great news for those of us who have our SS direct deposited to a bank in Mexico, Ginger.  I also have my SS monthly benefit deposited to Bancomer, but have yet to see the deposit of the stimulus benefit.

I have my SS check deposited to a Mexican Bank and I get a SS1099.  I have not received my check and my address on the 1099 is a Mexican address  in Jocotepec. If they sent it to the Joco address I will never see it.  I have never received anything in the mail at this address, I have a Mexican P O Box also where I was hoping to receive another check from private retirement  but I never received any checks.  Three checks were lost or stolen.  Two of the checks I was able to report and they were cancelled and replaced but sent to a US address, one of them was cashed here in Mexico a year ago and still trying to recover it.

I contacted the SS office in the GDL Consulate and their response was that it will be handled like my Social Security check. Let us hope that is the case because It looks to me that I will never get it. From what I read on this Forum nobody receiving SS checks, with direct deposit to a Mexican bank and a Mexican address on their SS1099, has not reported receiving the stimulus check. 

Edited by bluerock537
mistake

5 hours ago, bluerock537 said:

I contacted the SS office in the GDL Consulate and their response was that it will be handled like my Social Security check. Let us hope that is the case because It looks to me that I will never get it. From what I read on this Forum nobody receiving SS checks, with direct deposit to a Mexican bank and a Mexican address on their SS1099, has not reported receiving the stimulus check. 

As I said earlier, I have my SS deposited in my Bancomer account here but I looked at my tax return and it shows my Handy Mail address in Laredo, TX. Since you get yours direct deposited as well, you should also get the check the same way.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 11:36 PM, ibarra said:

We are curious if anyone has received their stimulus check by direct deposit in a MEXICAN bank that have NOT filed a tax return but receive a 1099 form.   The Get My Payment website states payment should be direct deposited for 1099 recipients but will not give us our personal information.  

23 hours ago, bluerock537 said:

I have my SS check deposited to a Mexican Bank and I get a SS1099.  I have not received my check and my address on the 1099 is a Mexican address  in Jocotepec. If they sent it to the Joco address I will never see it.  I have never received anything in the mail at this address, I have a Mexican P O Box also where I was hoping to receive another check from private retirement  but I never received any checks.  Three checks were lost or stolen.  Two of the checks I was able to report and they were cancelled and replaced but sent to a US address, one of them was cashed here in Mexico a year ago and still trying to recover it.

I contacted the SS office in the GDL Consulate and their response was that it will be handled like my Social Security check. Let us hope that is the case because It looks to me that I will never get it. From what I read on this Forum anybody receiving SS checks with direct deposit to a Mexican bank and a Mexican address on their 1099 has reported receiving the stimulus check. 

HnO

• 1 month later...

If I live outside the United States and not in a U.S. Territory, how and when will I get my economic impact payment (EIP)?

Social Security beneficiaries with a foreign address whose monthly benefit is deposited in a foreign bank will receive their EIP by paper check in the mail, because the IRS does not deposit money into foreign accounts. The IRS anticipates it will start mailing these EIPs no later than July 24. Beneficiaries living abroad who receive their monthly benefit through a domestic bank should receive their EIP by direct deposit to that same account on or about July 24. 

So, if your Soc Sec. check is deposited to a Mexican bank account, you will get it in the mail to your Mexican address which means I will never see it because there is no mail delivery where I live, and what goes to the POBox in town, if they are checks, they disappear, since already three other checks mail to the box where never found and one was cashed in by someone besides me. 

I have a schwab account where they deposit my SS but theysay they cannot deposit that check... there so they will mail it to our address here.. I just received the letter they sent in May so good luck to the check..

Ny the way I am a foreigner who was on a green crd and I pay taxes there and I will receive the payment ig it ever comes... That may answer spme questions from other people who are in the same situation.

I have SS direct deposit in the U.S. but in the government wisdom according to the website it was to be mailed here on May 1st.  I did receive the letter telling me the check is in the mail but so far nada.  I talked to our mail delivery guy, Daniel, and he told me he had delivered about 80 of those letters but so far he had only delivered 4 checks and when he delivers they have to be signed for.  

On May 24, the IRS mailed me a letter stating that my stimulus money would be direct deposited to my Mexican bank.  I received that letter about 10 days ago.

Yesterday I checked the "Where's my payment" section of the IRS website.  The IRS posted there that my check was mailed out on June 12, to my address of record at my bank: i. e., my Mexican address.

Hmmm...I wonder if I'll get a direct deposit AND a check, a debit card, or what.  Nothing has arrived anywhere as of today.