Chapala.com Webboard

Johanna's Bakery

I have been trying to locate a telephone number and address for Johanna's Bakery.  What I found was 222 2nd Street in Chapala. I did google search and all I see is other bakeries and a German Restaurant.

Anyone familiar with it's telephone number or address?  My e-mail is currently unavailable, so that option is not a good one for me.

2 hours ago, Zeb said:

I have been trying to locate a telephone number and address for Johanna's Bakery.  What I found was 222 2nd Street in Chapala. I did google search and all I see is other bakeries and a German Restaurant.

Anyone familiar with it's telephone number or address?  My e-mail is currently unavailable, so that option is not a good one for me.

I get in touch with her through Facebook messenger. https://www.facebook.com/Johannas-Bakery-1516096675299596/ She does not have a store but her kitchen space is in Ajijic. I ordered on fb and then she gave me all the info I needed. I picked up but delivery is available.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

What is wrong with email? This is a tried and true way to communicate and everyone, especially a business, should have an email address.

I made a similar comment about 10 years ago to my PhD computer scientist son who replied, "eMail is a dinosaur, Dad". You are probably old enough that this does not matter, but if you plan on staying on this planet for a while it will probably be much to your advantage to learn why younger people use texting apps now, and why email has become a method just for delivering large files.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Bizco said:

I made a similar comment about 10 years ago to my PhD computer scientist son who replied, "eMail is a dinosaur, Dad". You are probably old enough that this does not matter, but if you plan on staying on this planet for a while it will probably be much to your advantage to learn why younger people use texting apps now, and why email has become a method just for delivering large files.

As a long time businessman I still think that every business should maintain an active email address...this communication is still heavily used and it is FREE. Why miss out on a lot of potential business? And what happened to the old fashioned telephone? Alexander Graham Bell is rolling over in his grave now. 

Texting/messaging apps are free, and telephone is built in, along with so, so much more. I was a long time businessman, too. These days potential business comes via the published messaging address. Check it out gringohombre. WhatsApp is widely used all over the world, that's a good one to study. But there are others, like Messenger (built into Facebook), Line (very popular in Asia), and lately Signal (which touts very high security).  The horse was once a "tried and true" way to travel!

• Like 1

I understand all of that...but why "throw out the baby with the bathwater" A lot of us "older" folks do not trust FB and other apps since their main goal is they vacuum up all your personal information and resell it. Some of us are still trying to guard our privacy. I have a very active and productive business website and give ALL my contact info so potential customers have many choices. Just MY preference and it works for me.  

All we have to do is a few clickety clicks and we could join the throngs on all those cute sites....FB and the rest.  However, as a matter of principle, why should we want to give away for free the information they sell to advertisers for enough money to make the top guys stinking rich?  Pay me for the info. and I might be willing to go for it.  Hasn't happened yet, has it?  What a shuck.  And is there any reason why a business doesn't have an email address as well as all the other ways to contact them?

Being subject to ridicule hasn't budged me yet.  I just don't giveadamn.😉

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Zeb said:

I am not on Facebook.  A phone number would be helpful.

Here is a link to her website. She has a contact page. https://johannasbakery.wordpress.com/contact/

Not sure why no one else thought to help you with this instead of rambling on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:07 PM, gringohombre said:

I understand all of that...but why "throw out the baby with the bathwater" A lot of us "older" folks do not trust FB and other apps since their main goal is they vacuum up all your personal information and resell it. Some of us are still trying to guard our privacy. I have a very active and productive business website and give ALL my contact info so potential customers have many choices. Just MY preference and it works for me.  

Finally!  Someone who gets it.  Thank you.

Being subject to ridicule hasn't budged me yet.  I just don't giveadamn.”

I have no problem with people choosing not to be on Facebook or any other form of social media — including web boards. What I do have a problem with is the incessant whining from a few about why people who have chosen to use social media should also maintain other ways to communicate with the special few who believe that the way they use the internet protects their privacy. The privacy ship sailed a very long time ago. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Xena said:

Being subject to ridicule hasn't budged me yet.  I just don't giveadamn.”

I have no problem with people choosing not to be on Facebook or any other form of social media — including web boards. What I do have a problem with is the incessant whining from a few about why people who have chosen to use social media should also maintain other ways to communicate with the special few who believe that the way they use the internet protects their privacy. The privacy ship sailed a very long time ago. 

Please...this conversation was never about anyone not being able to do as they please, I am a huge believer of FREE CHOICE. As a businessman I was just pointing out that it makes good business sense to give customers a CHOICE of contact information (phone #, email, etc.) other than only that huge sucking machine. Why are you taking this so personal?

1 minute ago, gringohombre said:

Please...this conversation was never about anyone not being able to do as they please, I am a huge believer of FREE CHOICE. As a businessman I was just pointing out that it makes good business sense to give customers a CHOICE of contact information (phone #, email, etc.) other than only that huge sucking machine. Why are you taking this so personal?

You are operating your business as you choose. So, is every other business person. They are operating as they choose, not as you choose. And, that seems to be the problem for you. Sounds to me as though businesses are offering a choice of ways to contact them just not the way(s) you prefer. 

• Like 2