Chapala.com Webboard

Is Yahoo mail messed up?

Or is it just my computer?  When I start the computer in the morning  I get a message in the middle of the screen where the icons  show that says:

Your Windows license will expire soon

You need to activate Windows in settings

Go to settings.....Close

So if I click on close it lets me open Google Chrome just as normal.....however....I then get another box that says:

Looks like ad blocker on

Go to ad free    

Unblock ads

Dismiss and take me to Basic Mail

If I click on the last about Basic Mail.....I am now looking at a new format for mail which i DO NOT like.  I have tried signing out of Yahoo, reentering it but the same mail message comes on screen.  When I go to the setting symbol, there is nothing there that I can change to affect this!  If I use the back button, it will take me to the original mail format, then after a few minutes, I get the ad blocker message again.....

Does anyone have a "cure" for this?  TIA

If I go to yahoo mail first, usually the new mail format appears.  If so I go to my yahoo home page and click mail from there.  The old mail format than appears.  I think there are differences depending on computer and software.  I'm no expert but I am getting tired of yahoo changing the mail format all the time.

I watched a really smart guy crack my yahoo account and my hotmail account.  He couldn't break my Gmail account.  I walked away from both and never looked back.  Yahoo has a really bad reputation in the tech world. Yahoo groups is the only reason to deal with anything yahoo at all and yes we know you don't want to deal with changing email addresses. 

Gringal.... I no longer see an ad at the top of my inbox.....but there is a window on the right saying features are missing......

among those is the one of the ease of forwarding messages and erasing the "from"

Plus all my inbox is no longer on one scroll-able page but now only 25 appear at a time

Also , this happens ONLY on my laptop!!!!  Very strange.

It is more time consuming to use it & I should not be blackmailed into skipping annoying, unwanted ads!

37 minutes ago, johanson said:

Although my primary email address is on gmail , my backup is on Yahoo, and it working just like it always has, very well.

Mine is working as it always has, except that the Yahoo account is doing its darndest to persuade me to allow ads.  One of us will give up eventually.  Not me.😉