Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Internet down today again.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't we save time and just report when it's actually working?  

I am trying to remember what life was like before cell phones and internet, but I need the internet to find this out. ☺️   

Out in  upper West Ajijic. It sounds like a general outage over a large area, I should get a message soon on my iPhone from Telmex, letting me know that Telmex's internet is down and not to bother to

19 hours ago, johanson said:

You are too funny.Lakeside7. I have been coming down each winter since 1997 when I only stayed 4 months. Now I am here up to 9 months per year. Oh, I go up three times per year now down about a month at a time.

I am so used to things breaking down here, that I have several backups for most things. Heck in the 90s the water would go out for up to a week at time. The original builder of my property in 1985 when outages were even longer than a week  built my largest aljiba which holds enough water for about 3 weeks.  Oh my power never goes out either because I have solar panels in the day and at night my backup power is provided by 8 deep cell trojan golf cart batteries that are charged in the daytime.

I love it here.  And it's also fun to explain to someone like you why I have backups for most everything. It's more fun that way :) 

And of course having worked at the first ISP, lagunanet, I am a computer nut.

Oh, have a great weekend Lakeside7

Actually, this is like a flashback to my growing up in a small (5k) town. My dad used to get frustrated because he'd buy something new and never be able to get a repairman afterwards (one shop, no competition). We ended up having two washers, two dryers, two reefers (thank God for a very large basement)...you get the picture. We do the same thing here with certain critical items and when we see something we like at Costco, buy it in super-bulk because who knows if it will still be here next month? No complaints, just observe, adjust and carry on.

• Like 1

Out at 6 Corners also. 

Out in  upper West Ajijic. It sounds like a general outage over a large area, I should get a message soon on my iPhone from Telmex, letting me know that Telmex's internet is down and not to bother to phone up and complain. I often get that message not right after the internet goes down, but right before it goes back on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, my internet is down again. 3pm sharp I lost my signal. 6 Corners area. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ezpz said:

My telmex internet has also been in and out.  Why does this keep happening??  All the heavy rains?  Or what???

Telmex Internet has been up and down like a toilet seat.

1 hour ago, ezpz said:

My telmex internet has also been in and out.  Why does this keep happening??  All the heavy rains?  Or what???

We have been having the same problem and it began about the time of the shutdown. I believe there are just more people home online, streaming, etc. In other words, we're woefully  under served and the whole system is in the words of one tech, "unstable".