Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Internet down today again.

19 hours ago, johanson said:

You are too funny.Lakeside7. I have been coming down each winter since 1997 when I only stayed 4 months. Now I am here up to 9 months per year. Oh, I go up three times per year now down about a month at a time.

I am so used to things breaking down here, that I have several backups for most things. Heck in the 90s the water would go out for up to a week at time. The original builder of my property in 1985 when outages were even longer than a week  built my largest aljiba which holds enough water for about 3 weeks.  Oh my power never goes out either because I have solar panels in the day and at night my backup power is provided by 8 deep cell trojan golf cart batteries that are charged in the daytime.

I love it here.  And it's also fun to explain to someone like you why I have backups for most everything. It's more fun that way :) 

And of course having worked at the first ISP, lagunanet, I am a computer nut.

Oh, have a great weekend Lakeside7

Actually, this is like a flashback to my growing up in a small (5k) town. My dad used to get frustrated because he'd buy something new and never be able to get a repairman afterwards (one shop, no competition). We ended up having two washers, two dryers, two reefers (thank God for a very large basement)...you get the picture. We do the same thing here with certain critical items and when we see something we like at Costco, buy it in super-bulk because who knows if it will still be here next month? No complaints, just observe, adjust and carry on.

• Like 1

Out at 6 Corners also. 

Out in  upper West Ajijic. It sounds like a general outage over a large area, I should get a message soon on my iPhone from Telmex, letting me know that Telmex's internet is down and not to bother to phone up and complain. I often get that message not right after the internet goes down, but right before it goes back on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, my internet is down again. 3pm sharp I lost my signal. 6 Corners area. 

• 2 months later...