Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Internet down today again.

I use Ilox but just checked Telmex after reading this thread.  Telmex working here Ajijic Centro.  Maybe it was down and came back?   

We have always had 2 internet providers and likely always will.  

Centro Ajijic on Independencia near Pedro Moreno.

Internet down at 430pm in Central Ajijic, on Hidalgo 2 blocks west of Plaza. 

I too have had at least two options for internet once they became available. Oh Lagunanet was the first lakeside ISP which first started providing dialup internet in approximately May 1997 followed by Telmex infinitum a coupe of years later followed by Telecable,   etc  Etc.

In the past Telmex Infinitum was pretty reliable, but lately it seems to be going down every 3 to 5 days. I hope this is not the new normal of Telmex.

Should my backup, IZZI cable also go  at the same time, II can always use my Telcel iPhone hot spot as a back up, but that hasn't been needed for several years

42 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Libramiento stopped at 3:40 called to report. Tech said hold. Call dropped

Well if you had an ILOX phone line it would be normal for 1/2 of my calls to have dropouts and hangups.  The internet is great but the phone is so bad we are using a cell phone as no telmex phone lines available in our area.   Just warning folks.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Well if you had an ILOX phone line it would be normal for 1/2 of my calls to have dropouts and hangups.  The internet is great but the phone is so bad we are using a cell phone as no telmex phone lines available in our area.   Just warning folks.

Call was not dropped by phone service. Dropped at Telmex in CDMX while on hold. Went back to initial recording.

Just now, johanson said:

I too have had at least two options for internet once they became available. Oh Lagunanet was the first lakeside ISP which first started providing dialup internet in approximately May 1997 followed by Telmex infinitum a coupe of years later followed by Telecable,   etc  Etc.

In the past Telmex Infinitum was pretty reliable, but lately it seems to be going down every 3 to 5 days. I hope this is not the new normal of Telmex.

Should my backup, IZZI cable also go  at the same time, II can always use my Telcel iPhone hot spot as a back up, but that hasn't been needed for several years

Pete ,Do you wonder sometimes how much all these additional back up''s, are costing .... this back up or that back up .... you seem to be ready for Doomsday  

Do you have  a tiny Winnie bit of thought that maybe you should be spending more time  back up North.

With so much Belt and Braces to satisfy you staying here,  you sound that you are leading a complicated life style......  not wishing or able  to forget all the conveniences you left behind  

So what if we loose communication with the outside world for a day, what if have  no water for a couple of days, or loose electricity for a day because the birds have sh*t on the line or the wind blew the wires together,  or just  received your  Christmas cards in April etc etc ...Relax,  this is Paradise  enjoy it Mexican style , Manana, Manana 

8 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Pete ,Do you wonder sometimes how much all these additional back up''s, are costing .... this back up or that back up .... you seem to be ready for Doomsday  

Do you have  a tiny Winnie bit of thought that maybe you should be spending more time  back up North.

You are too funny.Lakeside7. I have been coming down each winter since 1997 when I only stayed 4 months. Now I am here up to 9 months per year. Oh, I go up three times per year now down about a month at a time.

I am so used to things breaking down here, that I have several backups for most things. Heck in the 90s the water would go out for up to a week at time. The original builder of my property in 1985 when outages were even longer than a week  built my largest aljiba which holds enough water for about 3 weeks.  Oh my power never goes out either because I have solar panels in the day and at night my backup power is provided by 8 deep cell trojan golf cart batteries that are charged in the daytime.

I love it here.  And it's also fun to explain to someone like you why I have backups for most everything. It's more fun that way :) 

And of course having worked at the first ISP, lagunanet, I am a computer nut.

Oh, have a great weekend Lakeside7

• Like 1

Here in central, lower SAT, ILox as strong as usual at almost 100 download speed, however Telmex phone (that I had struggled mightily to restore because of the ILox phone problems covered here) is now out. Also in my 12 years at this same location I have never, never had any water problems that seem to be happening elsewhere in SAT.   

1 hour ago, Denver said:

Internet down at 430pm in Central Ajijic, on Hidalgo 2 blocks west of Plaza. 

Tepetate Thai's landline was working at around 5pm when I called in a take-away order.  They are on Hidalgo, a few blocks west of plaza.  Though I guess it's possible they are on Ilox with a 766 exchange??

It seems that it is like this every day -- out until about 5;00pm.  I guess I can live with that as long as it comes on each day.  Still it seems like it should be available all day, every day.

However, access in the evening is better than NO access.  IMHO

The internet is a mystery -- like so many other things in Mexico.

Bisbee Gal, 765 and 766 are Telmex exchanges and the area code for both is 376. I think that iLox numbers are 102... don't know for sure because I opted out of the iLox phone based on reports here of dropped calls.

• Thanks 1