Chapala.com Webboard

Quedate en Casa Extended to May 17

From  yesterday (Apr. 30th)

Moy Anaya

11 hrs

To all citizens of #Chapala

Today in a video conference with the #Governor the Ing. Enrique Alfaro Ramirez, we evaluate the situation surrounding the Covid-19 health contingency and the measures to be taken starting tomorrow.

The message was very clear, we must continue with the prevention measures already established until May 17, and to continue like this without any outbreak in our municipality to gradually lift preventive measures such as the closure of business.

In addition to inform you that the only measure that will be lifted is the sale of low-graduation alcoholic beverages with a limited schedule from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, this in order to avoid as in other municipalities the poisoning and deaths of people for industrial alcohol intake.

We know that these are very hard moments for the economic life of our municipality, for this reason we strongly ask you not to leave home if not for some essential activity, keep your healthy distance, use the cover, wash your hands with water and soap and together we manage to have no contagion to lift these prevention measures.

If you take care of yourself, you take care of us all.

· See original · 

Rate this translation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paco Loco said:

The Governor must be unaware of there being no COVID 19 cases Lakeside? The draconian Dr. Fauci must be advising him. They have to stop moving the goal posts as they are killing what’s left of the Mexican economy.

And are YOU aware that this week there was a sudden and totally unexpected outbreak in the IMSS clinic in Ocotlan? Much closer to home than Guad.  Medical personnel as well as normal population involved. Last count I saw was 13 cases, but our power was out all day yesterday so no chance to see latest numbers.

So not get complacent. We could still be next.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paco Loco said:

The Governor must be unaware of there being no COVID 19 cases Lakeside? The draconian Dr. Fauci must be advising him. They have to stop moving the goal posts as they are killing what’s left of the Mexican economy.

Perhaps we have no cases here because of the order.  Lots of cases in GDL.  With our restaurants, shops, parks, plazas, malecons closed, there is little reason for them to come here.  If we open up, we will be deluged quickly with Tapatios many of whom may be infected, but not tested.  

Jalisco was early to close, thanks to Alfaro.  

Mexico City was late to close....here's what's going on there right now:

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/english/private-hospitals-mexico-city-are-overflowed-patients-infected-covid-19

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Natasha said:

And are YOU aware that this week there was a sudden and totally unexpected outbreak in the IMSS clinic in Ocotlan? Much closer to home than Guad.  Medical personnel as well as normal population involved. Last count I saw was 13 cases, but our power was out all day yesterday so no chance to see latest numbers.

So not get complacent. We could still be next.

16 now in Ocotlan.  Here is map link: https://datos.covid-19.conacyt.mx/fHDMap/muni.php

What I see happening is when lockdowns are lifted it just flares up again.  Sooner or later it is going to have to run its course.  The overall average death rate will be in the 2-3 percent range.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/759445/coronavirus-cases-spike-germany-japan-china-lockdown/

It is impossible to eradicate a virus with lockdowns IMO.  There is always a reservoir.  Most people can survive it and the rest will either need to quarantine until a vaccine is available or take their chances.

Meanwhile, the economic damage and explosion of poverty among the general population is happening exponentially.  The first world is trying to cover it by printing money, the second and third worlds are simply letting people starve.

I've come to the conclusion lockdown is not a viable strategy.  We don't have it now locally (we think but don't know) but as soon as the barriers come down, in two weeks or two months or longer, the tourists will bring it here because it is not going to be eradicated by this tactic.

Just my 2 pesos.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

How would we know how many cases there are at lakeside when no testing outside of a hospital is being done?

In the US 80% of C-19 infections are treated at home so wouldn't be part of the count if the same % appears in Mexico.

I suspect we're in for a real shit storm when it finally hits given we're already in God's Waitingroom. 

SunFan

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sm1mex said:

What is low graduation alcohol. 

Not to exceed 12%  per the Jalisco code, 

Bebidas de baja graduación, cuyo contenido máximo de alcohol sea de 12° G. L.

Bebidas de alta graduación, cuyo contenido de alcohol sea superior a los 12° G. L.

I'm with Mainecoons extending this is just going to prolong the agony, but Alfaro is not the brightest individual. I wish he would be just as efficient with crime as he is with this lock down. I think if we look at the stats crime deaths over the last couple of months in the state of Jalisco are probably close to to those of Covid19 deaths.

Many of the locals I have talked too over the last few days are going to open up or begin working behind closed doors the best they can shutting things down for another two weeks is nuts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Sorn said:

Anyone know when the sale of low graduation alcohol resumes? Immediately? Soon? To be determined?

The Modelo store in San Antonio is open, Walmart is selling beer effective today, only beer however, no wine or liquor.  Lots of people going through the check out with beer.  

The wines currently in our house are between 12% and 13.5%  I believe that some of the 12% wines were purchased at Walmart in the past.  They are probably too lazy to go through their stock, as they could sell the 12% wines.  

1 hour ago, Dostortas said:

Walmart is selling beer effective today, only beer however, no wine or liquor.  Lots of people going through the check out with beer.  

The goal of social distancing measures is at slowing the virus. It buys time for gov't/states, hospitals to increase medical supplies (ventilators, PPE, ICE units, etc.) and also to stockpile test kits so life can get back to normal (or as normal as possible), until,
1) Herd immunity is achieved, ideally via a vaccine. Or,
2) Effective anti-viral drugs are developed (some promising drugs being tested). Or,
3) Effective testing and contact-tracing, with selective isolation is in place. Or,
4) The virus mutates to a less virulent form or "goes away" (it's happened before with other viruses).

We can't control #4, so we're relying on #1, 2 or 3, plus adequate medical supplies locally. My concern is that I'm not hearing much about Lakeside increases in medical supplies, stock-piling any of the (experimental) anti-viral drugs, increasing testing, etc. So are we looking at some level of quarantines that are “loosely followed” until #1, 2 and/or 3 is achieved? A vaccine could be 6, 12, 18(??) months away. Does the gov't extend quarantines another 2-weeks every 2-weeks, until... what?

• Like 1

YES as of now the date is May 17th, but should things not get any better (Corona Virus) they could very well extend this period until some future date, perhaps in late June.

We all can hope that things will get better. What do I miss most during this quarantine? Going out for breakfast and Lunch with friends at the local restaurants

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dostortas said:

The Modelo store in San Antonio is open, Walmart is selling beer effective today, only beer however, no wine or liquor.  Lots of people going through the check out with beer.  

And they may know something.....

http://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/regional/55143-beer-shortage-looms