Chapala.com Webboard

This being the case how can Chapala force people to turn around

I used to live in Tuxpan and the 4 lane hi way to Guadalajara had exits that weren't open yet to use. Well, the Mexicans would push the obstructions out of the way and use them anyway. I always thought that was funny. I used them too.

7 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

And Mexicans are the masters of this.  The ability to thwart government here is one of the traits I admire the most.  It enables life to go on no matter how stupid or oppressive government gets.

Sort of like cats versus dogs, eh MC?

22 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Well it reads to me like the blockades are a violation of the Mexican Constitution.  That would require amending same.

REGLAMENTO DE LA LEY GENERAL DE SALUD EN MATERIA DE CONTROL SANITARIO DE ACTIVIDADES, ESTABLECIMIENTOS, PRODUCTOS Y SERVICIOS seems to supersede in cases of national health emergency, of which a global pandemic is one. The federal health minister has the obligation to impose rules and the state ministers of health decide how to execute them for their communities.

Chillin: you wrote above "they rely on the argument that Federal government must protect it's citizens from self harm. Since cannabis leads to heroin addiction, it must be banned, and this still stands today at the Federal level.

I have never heard of that And in my State of WA. it has been legal since 2013. And if there were any evidence that pot lead leads to Heroin addiction, the anti pot group would have brought this up and again try to make Pot illegal.

Also, I bet all of Canada would never have made pot legal if there were any hint that it made you a heroin addict.

Do it smoke pot? I first tried it in the late 60s and never really liked it and tried it again maybe 20 years ago and still didn't like it. And I have never tried heroin.

23 minutes ago, johanson said:

Chillin: you wrote above "they rely on the argument that Federal government must protect it's citizens from self harm. Since cannabis leads to heroin addiction, it must be banned, and this still stands today at the Federal level.

I have never heard of that And in my State of WA. it has been legal since 2013. And if there were any evidence that pot lead leads to Heroin addiction, the anti pot group would have brought this up and again try to make Pot illegal.

Also, I bet all of Canada would never have made pot legal if there were any hint that it made you a heroin addict.

Do it smoke pot? I first tried it in the late 60s and never really liked it and tried it again maybe 20 years ago and still didn't like it. And I have never tried heroin.

No Pete, cannabis leading to heroin addiction is a ridiculous Federal claim. It' s results have been that State legalised and licensed dispensaries are not allowed to open bank accounts and permission to perform medical trials has been severely limited. If a company is lucky enough to receive permission for trials, they must only use a single source of Federal cannabis. Apparently it is not very good at all.

2 hours ago, catbird said:

I know two Mexican families who now come and go to Guadalajara late at night to avoid the roadblocks.

It's hard to control people. They always find a way around restrictions of any kind.

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

And Mexicans are the masters of this.  The ability to thwart government here is one of the traits I admire the most.  It enables life to go on no matter how stupid or oppressive government gets.

Also Mexican politicians are masters at thwarting the laws, the Mexican constitution and now as of 15 months ago avoid common sense don't forget. That is precisely why it is a disaster at the present moment with no hope in sight.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

cannabis leading to heroin addiction is a ridiculous Federal claim.

Whenever I used to hear anyone claim that marijuana was a "gateway" drug to hard drug use (based on studies that show that hard drug users used to smoke mrijuana), I would say that following that line of reasoning,  milk is a gateway drink to alchohol, because all alchoholics started out their lives drinking milk.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, johanson said:

sorry I misunderstood the original post. I had no idea the Feds used that phony line about pot leads to heroin

Watch the movie "reefer madness". USA propaganda from way back! According to the US guberment marijuana is THE gateway drug to hell.

There is much more to this, though dangerously drifting off topic. The classifying of cannabis as a schedule 1 drug had to do with racism, that black musicians would "jazz up" white folks, especially white women, and Randolph Hearst' s aggressive campaign to wipe out hemp cultivation. He needed lots of paper, and had timber contracts lined up, coast to coast. Hemp was said to make a superior paper, which it does, and is much easier to grow and process than pulp trees.

• Like 4

Announced today that San Luis Potosi is introducing "sanitary filters"  "With respect to vehicles with license plates from other states, these will be subject to the restriction of vehicular circulation in roads in the municipality, all with the sole purpose of reducing the risk of contagion and spread of the coronavirus"  

On 4/30/2020 at 10:33 AM, Mainecoons said:

The national government has issued a statement that blocking people from coming into towns is a violation of basic rights under the Mexican Constitution.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/municipalities-dont-have-authority-to-restrict-access-feds/

This being the case, how can Chapala continue to turn away the Tapatios?

Would you rather have Tapatios coming here and infecting the population at Lakeside.  Never mind what the federal government says; what the municipality is doing is the right thing, and if they have to, let them fight it out with the federal government.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I'd rather have people follow the rule of law.  Guadalajara is a city of 6 million and how many cases are there?

I may be quite vulnerable to this since I am both 75 and have COPD and Asthma but I'm not going to live my life in fear.  We all gotta go sometime.  It is pretty easy to socially distance myself from weekenders and I'd suspect that is true of most if not all of us.

Believe me, there are plenty of them making it down here.  All they gotta do is come very early in the morning or later in the evening.  These checkpoints are a joke and a nuisance and that is about the extent of it.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 4:54 PM, CHILLIN said:

There is much more to this, though dangerously drifting off topic. The classifying of cannabis as a schedule 1 drug had to do with racism, that black musicians would "jazz up" white folks, especially white women, and Randolph Hearst' s aggressive campaign to wipe out hemp cultivation. He needed lots of paper, and had timber contracts lined up, coast to coast. Hemp was said to make a superior paper, which it does, and is much easier to grow and process than pulp trees.

Sometimes the drift is interesting like this post. I believe it.