Chapala.com Webboard

Get outside..often

This virus kills by attacking and destroying the function of the lungs . The lungs only function with the help of the surrounding muscles   . I understand that many of you may be confined to the home for health reasons , for the rest of you ..get outside and walk as often as possible. ...and then walk some more .  Try  holding your breath  for thirty seconds...if you can’t.. your lungs are in a state of fatigue ....the muscles are beginning to fail ..you’re the perfect victim  , not  just for  the Coronavirus but a multitude of other respiratory problems .  There are plenty of places to walk...the shaded streets of La floresta...the back streets of San Antonio....downtown Chapala....even some of the hiking trails they haven’t roped off....the new bike path ...The police etc are happy to see you and are quite cordial..providing of course you are wearing a mask and social distancing  . Come on help those lungs... before they stop helping you. .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Excellent advice.  Also, here are some exercises to strengthen your lungs and advise on how to breathe properly.  It is a long video but very interesting and well worth listening to if you are interested in strengthening your lungs and breathing properly.

Walking cures many health issues. Good advice. Get the blood moving. 

The lung issue with covid, they call it a  cytokine storm. From what I have researched, it looks like an autoimmune problem where the body starts attacking itself. I have a lot of ideas about it and all I can say right now is ANTIOXIDANTS. I'm not ready to recommend anything yet but pm me if you want some recommendations.

The remdesivir drug looks good. hope they get it out asap.

1 hour ago, crynoutloud said:

Walking cures many health issues. Good advice. Get the blood moving. 

The lung issue with covid, they call it a  cytokine storm. From what I have researched, it looks like an autoimmune problem where the body starts attacking itself. I have a lot of ideas about it and all I can say right now is ANTIOXIDANTS. I'm not ready to recommend anything yet but pm me if you want some recommendations.

The remdesivir drug looks good. hope they get it out asap.

If you are not a trained medical professional or researcher please don’t consider giving medical advice on a life threatening issue such as COVID.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, mod-3 said:

If you are not a trained medical professional or researcher please don’t consider giving medical advice on a life threatening issue such as COVID.

Please relax, Hun. I'm not going to pull a Trump and recommend you drink Clorox or Lysol. If you don't like what I post, delete it But if I were you I would think about, and look into what I posted and maybe help protect yourself from this virus. It's a discussion and you can take it or leave it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

23 minutes ago, crynoutloud said:

Please relax, Hun. I'm not going to pull a Trump and recommend you drink Clorox or Lysol. If you don't like what I post, delete it But if I were you I would think about, and look into what I posted and maybe help protect yourself from this virus. It's a discussion and you can take it or leave it. 

You just told a mod to take a hike who pleasantly told you that your opinion post is fake science.

• Like 1

Recommending exervise  os always good but I am afraid that in the case of the virus it is irrelevant.. If you are a man you are more at risk, the virus destroys other organs than the lungs as well so good luck surviving it if your immune system goes crazy.  France s researchng right now why smokers die at a way lower rate than non smokers.. They are researching what positive effects nocotine has on the virus so next they will be recommending smoking..so if the virus does not get you the cancer will.. life is rough..

5 hours ago, crynoutloud said:

I assume that you are aware that antioxidants function by capturing free radicals which can over time prevent slow damage to some cells. The NIH has stated there is no evidence that antioxidants prevent disease. Pauling arguments that vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, could prevent or limit the duration of colds, a virus, was debunked many years ago.

For your information I have a PhD in organic chemistry and spent an additional 2 years beyond that as a postdoctoral researcher. I allowed your post to remain so that I could suggest to people that they not seek or accept advise from unqualified individuals. By suggesting to people that they take supplements rather than seeks medical advice makes you a dangerous fool. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, mod-3 said:

By suggesting to people that they take supplements rather than seeks medical advice makes you a dangerous fool. 

The poster never suggested that people take supplements rather than seek medical advice. You made that part up. And taking antioxidants, vitamins, and other safe supplements certainly aren't going to hurt anyone. Is there something wrong with doing things to improve one's general health? Do I need to consult a doctor to figure out that a home-cooked meal with a fresh salad and lots of veggies is better for my health than a Big Mac and fries?

• Like 1

Too bad that I can't put two reactions to rate your post mudgirl. I both liked it and laughed out loud. But it's also sad because so many people do abuse themselves by eating poorly by choice or convenience. Zucchini can be good for you but not if it's deep fried and served with a dipping sauce. Remember that old adage "you are what you eat".

On the subject of supplements, I would recommend that people read up on Magnesium and Vitamin D3. Most of us are deficient in both.

BMH ..the only day that exercise is irrelevant is  your  last day.... It helps strengthen your heart , respiratory system , not to mention the immune system.., circulation  etc , etc ....no one is suggesting it’s the silver bullet  for the virus but the obvious health boosting benefits of regular exercise plus the  overall improvement in your mental attitude..being outside ...l prefer my chances...but I guess you could always smoke.....

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mod-3 said:

I assume that you are aware that antioxidants function by capturing free radicals which can over time prevent slow damage to some cells. The NIH has stated there is no evidence that antioxidants prevent disease. Pauling arguments that vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant, could prevent or limit the duration of colds, a virus, was debunked many years ago.

For your information I have a PhD in organic chemistry and spent an additional 2 years beyond that as a postdoctoral researcher. I allowed your post to remain so that I could suggest to people that they not seek or accept advise from unqualified individuals. By suggesting to people that they take supplements rather than seeks medical advice makes you a dangerous fool. 

Well said, Mod-3, and thank you.

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Too bad that I can't put two reactions to rate your post mudgirl. I both liked it and laughed out loud. But it's also sad because so many people do abuse themselves by eating poorly by choice or convenience. Zucchini can be good for you but not if it's deep fried and served with a dipping sauce. Remember that old adage "you are what you eat".

On the subject of supplements, I would recommend that people read up on Magnesium and Vitamin D3. Most of us are deficient in both.

Ferret,

I am not trying to defend a position here just attempting to protect those who seek information on this board from misinformation. The OP suggested antioxidants as a way to help prevent and treat  COVID-19. It is not. As you usually are, you are correct in your assertion that most people are deficient in Mg and D3. Neither are antioxidants. Additionally, research suggests that dietary supplements are no substitute for a healthy diet. As a moderator I hope I hope I have made my point and it would be inappropriate for me to comment further.

• Thanks 1