Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
ea93105

New septic tank construction ?

Recommended Posts

I assume there is no such thing as a premade primary septic tank here so I'm think the best way to build one would be using solid concrete blocks, (no bricks), or have it poured with concrete into a form.  I plan of having two chambers in the primary tank divided by a wall about 3/4 way up with only fluids continuing on to a leach tank.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! Here in the lake chapala area, is only 1 person how can get and install for you the premade primary septic tank. I think the cost is like $16000 only for the premade septic tank, and extra for the labor. I goint to ask about the price and some photos, I can post in a couple days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vista lake said:

Yes! Here in the lake chapala area, is only 1 person how can get and install for you the premade primary septic tank. I think the cost is like $16000 only for the premade septic tank, and extra for the labor. I goint to ask about the price and some photos, I can post in a couple days. 

Great, looking forward to hearing about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup! I have seen the fiberglass[plastic?] version at the  Ferreteria Calzada,Chapala on Hidalgo in Lourdes and on trucks hauling them. I would suggest strongly that there is more than one person that can install this for you including most contractors.

Septic-Tank-FRP-Septic-Tank.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending on your location, I would be very careful about installing a fiberglass/plastic tank.  The rising ground water from the lake can actually move one up and even out of the ground or fracturing it.  Receding ground water can also have an effect.  When constructing rock septics here, the builders will usually deliberately leave spaces between the rocks.  This allows the septic water to drain into the soil and your septic will last much longer before it needs to be pumped out.  Also if you use a concrete tank you will need lateral lines, usually around 300 feet.  Otherwise you will be pumping it all the time.  For me the old Mexican method is best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When we had our house built in the Raquet Club, our builder recommended getting a treatment plant, which, once put in the ground, would never need to be opened.  The waste was treated by biological material and found it's way to the ground via some sort of weeping tile structure.  As far as I know, it came from GDL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

 When constructing rock septics here, the builders will usually deliberately leave spaces between the rocks.  This allows the septic water to drain into the soil and your septic will last much longer before it needs to be pumped out.  Also if you use a concrete tank you will need lateral lines, usually around 300 feet.  Otherwise you will be pumping it all the time.  For me the old Mexican method is best.

Yes of course pollute everything around it including the aquifer, water wells and perhaps the lake if close enough to it. How wonderfully caring of the environment  and fellow humankind[especially close neighbours] , flora and fauna so you can do less pumping out. But hey, this is Mexico not Oklahoma where you would have yer azz fined big time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Depending on your location, I would be very careful about installing a fiberglass/plastic tank.  The rising ground water from the lake can actually move one up and even out of the ground or fracturing it.  Receding ground water can also have an effect.  When constructing rock septics here, the builders will usually deliberately leave spaces between the rocks.  This allows the septic water to drain into the soil and your septic will last much longer before it needs to be pumped out.  Also if you use a concrete tank you will need lateral lines, usually around 300 feet.  Otherwise you will be pumping it all the time.  For me the old Mexican method is best.

He is talking about a pre-digester tank, not the leach tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mudgirl said:

He is talking about a pre-digester tank, not the leach tank.

No he's not. Read what he said again about leaving spaces in between the rocks so the crappy water can drain into the soil and then needing less pumping.  BIO-DIGESTER tank does not have holes in it so untreated crap does not leak out and is totally self contained . Google is your friend.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

No he's not. Read what he said again about leaving spaces in between the rocks so the crappy water can drain into the soil and then needing less pumping. 

The OP was talking about a pre-digester tank (nothing leaking into the soil). He then talked about that flowing into the leach field. Rafter then started talking about a leach field, which is not what the OP was asking about. My reading comprehension is fine, it appears yours is not. I don't need Google to teach me the difference between a pre-digester tank and a leach field, I'm well aware of the difference and how septic systems work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

The OP was talking about a pre-digester tank (nothing leaking into the soil). He then talked about that flowing into the leach field. Rafter then started talking about what is a leach field, which is not what the OP was asking about. My reading comprehension is fine, it appears yours is not. I don't need Google to teach me the difference between a pre-digester tank and a leach field, I'm well aware of the difference and how septic systems work.

Holy smokes! Give it up! He clearly stated that when the workers building ROCK septics  leave some gaps between the ROCKS[done the old Mexican way] for crap to leak out into the GROUND.  No mention of leach fields,WHATSOEVER. Hopefully the OP will ignore  what you and rafterbr have posted  and do the right thing, especially if he is near the lake as well and /or  near a neighbour. This is a BIO-DIGESTER[correct name] and how it works. PRE-DIGESTER is a massive facility for industrial and municipal works. BIO-DIGESTER..gif.c19b1331e53a42a88fa68aac87fd4d51.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Yes of course pollute everything around it including the aquifer, water wells and perhaps the lake if close enough to it. How wonderfully caring of the environment  and fellow humankind[especially close neighbours] , flora and fauna so you can do less pumping out. But hey, this is Mexico not Oklahoma where you would have yer azz fined big time.

Again you speak of something you know little about.  In the United States you must have a permit to put a septic system in.  Usually the states health department is responsible  for this.  First there is a perc test by a certified person, this tells how much water the ground will absorb.  Based on the test the health department will tell you if you can have a standard septic or an aerobic one.  If standard septic, the department tells you how much lateral line you must have and how many bedrooms your house can have.  The lateral line is attached at the top of the septic tank and they have holes in the bottom of the lines for the water to drain out.  They must be a distance from any water well.  If you have a bad test than you must put in an aerobic system which treats the septic waste and uses a sprinkler system to spread it on the ground.  I have put in 3 septic systems in Oklahoma and watched 4 put in Riberas and Ajijic.  It appears mudgirl knows  a lot more about septics than you do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Again you speak of something you know little about.  In the United States you must have a permit to put a septic system in.  Usually the states health department is responsible  for this.  First there is a perc test by a certified person, this tells how much water the ground will absorb.  Based on the test the health department will tell you if you can have a standard septic or an aerobic one.  If standard septic, the department tells you how much lateral line you must have and how many bedrooms your house can have.  The lateral line is attached at the top of the septic tank and they have holes in the bottom of the lines for the water to drain out.  They must be a distance from any water well.  If you have a bad test than you must put in an aerobic system which treats the septic waste and uses a sprinkler system to spread it on the ground.  I have put in 3 septic systems in Oklahoma and watched 4 put in Riberas and Ajijic.  It appears mudgirl knows  a lot more about septics than you do.

Apparently I do and you recommended something done the old MEXICAN way HERE. As usual you are citing rules and regs from the USA[irrelevant] and not here so tell us what you saw about the 4 constructed in Riberas as an alleged expert. And Freddy do you really know the knowledge on this of "most" posters-wow wadda guy!🤣🤣🤣😴 There are some real engineers on this board that may perhaps want to comment about septic matters HERE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is want I plant to build or buy : ( preferably in concrete ) 

 

Schematic_of_a_septic_tank_2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Holy smokes! Give it up! He clearly stated that when the workers building ROCK septics  leave some gaps between the ROCKS[done the old Mexican way] for crap to leak out into the GROUND.  No mention of leach fields,WHATSOEVER.

Holy smokes! Try reading, or comprehending what you read. The OP was clearly asking about a tank that filters and breaks down the solids before going into the leach field. You even posted a photo of one. Rafter then ignored that completely and was talking about a leach field, instead, which indeed is polluting without a preliminary filtering tank. I called that out as not being what the OP was asking, yet for some reason you jumped down my throat. Never once did I suggest that one should just drain their waste straight into a leach field- I gave no advice, so I can't imagine what you think the OP should ignore about my post. Like I said, you have a reading comprehension problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do I recall correctly that a few/many years back a company called Amber??? some thing was offering a service to install self treatment systems...or not

At that time it seemed that "everyone" was try to solve the same issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real issue is at the planning stage of a fracc. The builders of a fracc need to perform a perc  test to see if septic tanks will function,sadly many areas around the lake do not perc.well, But builders and mordias  get the job done again sadly! Follow the money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ea93105 said:

This is want I plant to build or buy : ( preferably in concrete ) 

 

Schematic_of_a_septic_tank_2.png

 

4 hours ago, ea93105 said:

This is want I plant to build or buy : ( preferably in concrete ) 

 

Schematic_of_a_septic_tank_2.png

When the effluent goes out the outlet where does it go? You might consider a dark water and grey water system.  The dark water would hardly ever have to be dumped since it is such a small quantity and the grey water can be pumped on your garden when full.  This would require two separate tanks,  as your design would still have some dark water characteristics.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

When the effluent goes out the outlet where does it go?

The OP said that in his first post. It would go into a leach field. 

Sure a lot of people on this forum who don't actually read what they respond to.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mudgirl, read again.  He said leach tank not leach field.  The leach tank is the second tank in his drawing.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Holy smokes! Try reading, or comprehending what you read. The OP was clearly asking about a tank that filters and breaks down the solids before going into the leach field. You even posted a photo of one. Rafter then ignored that completely and was talking about a leach field, instead, which indeed is polluting without a preliminary filtering tank. I called that out as not being what the OP was asking, yet for some reason you jumped down my throat. Never once did I suggest that one should just drain their waste straight into a leach field- I gave no advice, so I can't imagine what you think the OP should ignore about my post. Like I said, you have a reading comprehension problem.

I do just fine reading but apparently you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Hey mudgirl, read again.  He said leach tank not leach field.  The leach tank is the second tank in his drawing.

Never mind. You still don't understand. Maybe the OP will be able to explain to you that what you think he meant is not what he was trying to explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Never mind. You still don't understand. Maybe the OP will be able to explain to you that what you think he meant is not what he was trying to explain.

Now 2 of us don't understand but you do? SNORK!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...