Chapala.com Webboard

Question asked by a guest

A while back I got a note from a reader who chose not to sign in but to allow the word Guest to be used. It was a question about a type of woman's socks and how to say it in Spanish. I wanted to politely respond that I didn't  even know what the word meant in English, let alone Spanish. But a couldn't send a private message to this person, because she did not signed in.

So if you are  the sender of this message to me, I would recommend that you join our web board and ask the question again

When you join, you can choose a screen name and either private message me again and I will be able to respond or post the message under the topic heading of your choice.  I hope you choose to join us, the Chapala Forum,(web board) we would love to have you.

en to read this post, why not simply using your assigned name ask the question there. Oh and if you do not already have a screen name, you could always signup, join the Chapala Web board and choose a screen name

• Like 1

The poster followed my suggestion and what she needs to know are the Spanish words to explain a type of sock her husband needs.

Shown below is the term she would like to be able to say and or write in Spanish      Sadly I do not know how to say or translate this to Spanish. If any  of you could help would you please respond. .    Thanks in advance.

Knee high support hose (anti embolism hose)

I used to buy those socks for my hubby at Lakeside Medical Centre... beside La Terraza but I don't know if they're open right now. Compression socks.... calcetinas de compresion (accent over the i in compresion). I found them to be expensive. So, I was looking for socks for myself in Walmart and found a very similar product that was specifically packaged for diabetics in the men's department... says "para diabeticos" right on the label.

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

I used to buy those socks for my hubby at Lakeside Medical Centre... beside La Terraza but I don't know if they're open right now. Compression socks.... calcetinas de compresion (accent over the i in compresion). I found them to be expensive. So, I was looking for socks for myself in Walmart and found a very similar product that was specifically packaged for diabetics in the men's department... says "para diabeticos" right on the label.

Check out 765-2610 Ort-Mar, in Chapala. 33 3677 3936

• Like 1