Chapala.com Webboard

Internet back up 6:30 pm. HURRY

sm1mex

Yes, I noticed the internet connection light had finally come back on maybe around 18:30 on my Telmex modem.

Telmex used to be so reliable. That sure hasn't been the case lately. I wonder if the corona virus as anything to do with it? You know is the Telmex work force cut back and could that be the reason it seems so long to get things up and running again after something goes wrong

19 minutes ago, johanson said:

Yes, I noticed the internet connection light had finally come back on maybe around 18:30 on my Telmex modem.

Telmex used to be so reliable. That sure hasn't been the case lately. I wonder if the corona virus as anything to do with it? You know is the Telmex work force cut back and could that be the reason it seems so long to get things up and running again after something goes wrong

The theory around this house is with CFE behaving so well these days TelMex decided we were getting complacent and we should have some CFE experience with our internet.  :D 

Could be that everyone staying at home and streaming is putting a lot of pressure on their servers …. sort of like everyone turning on air-conditioning at the same time overloads the electric system. and everyone rushing to download stuff as soon as it comes up, puts even more load on it and it goes down again....

So far, so good today.  Here we are stuck at home and no computer during the day all Saturday and Sunday.  They manage to get it up and running for the night when I am either watching TV or sleeping.  I am so angry and frustrated with Telmex.  I sure wish we could hear their side of the story.  Does anyone have a friend who works in the Telmex office who can share some info. with us?