Chapala.com Webboard

At least the police officer gave me a choice.

20 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Put him on ignore and this problem goes away and you don't have to post about it constantly.

I can assure you that "ignore" is a wonderful choice.   I really love it when I post and see 4-5 of the "gang" post immediately after it, but they don't even realize they are "pissiin' in the wind". Always makes me laugh.  Laughter is good for the soul, no? :D  

I would like to mention to you that I don’t think you are supposed to go to the municipal building to pay traffic violations. I think you have to go to Recaudadora , the place where car registration matters are handled.  This is on Degollado street in Chapala.  It was probably intentional that he told you the municipal building. Get my drift?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Eric, why do you think that everything that happens to you in the course of your day is something that has to be shared with others on an internet forum? If you were trying to warn others about a seat belt check set up somewhere, or ask where to pay a ticket, or something like that, fine, but how interesting do you think it is to anyone else that you didn't secure your seat belt properly and got a ticket?  

I was pointing out the instance and location of a police officer trying to get extra money for himself. I don't think anybody who has been living here for more than 6 months knows that you don't pay a citation to the officer giving it to you.

I think that is sufficient reason to make the post.

3 hours ago, azmaggie said:

I would like to mention to you that I don’t think you are supposed to go to the municipal building to pay traffic violations. I think you have to go to Recaudadora , the place where car registration matters are handled.  This is on Degollado street in Chapala.  It was probably intentional that he told you the municipal building. Get my drift?

my last recollection from many years ago was the municipal building but my memory is not that good. In either case, thank you for pointing it out to me. That is one of the benefits of this board.

21 hours ago, virgo lady said:

Or, the Mods could do their job and act on the board rules for these repeat offenders.

So report the offense to a moderator. When the moderator acts on you or complaint then you can get the credit.

I was sure that the $1,000 peso fine was totally false for in the old days the fines were much less. I was shocked to learn, maybe from mainecoons  that the fine amounts are much higher and that $1,000 pesos would be a normal amount to pay. Sorry Eric, I was wrong when I suggested the fine was way way to high

I was stopped by a traffic cop a few weeks ago for driving without a seat belt and not having an original of my stateside license. This guy seems to always be on either the Librammiento or at the entrace of La Floresta on the carretera. Nice fellow. Did not ask for mordida at all. Fine was about 1,000 pesos and 50% next day payment.