Chapala.com Webboard

Street Water in SAT

CalGal

First check with your neighbors to see if they have water.  If they do, check the float valve on your tinaco.  Sometimes the dirt in the water supply causes that valve to plug up.  

Aljibes and tinacos need frequent cleaning here because of episodes of sand in the water.  

The whole neighborhood was without water for 2 days.  A couple of houses on my street actually ordered a water truck to full their tinacos/aljibes.  I'm thinking of putting in a cistern/aljibe because I think this is only going to get worse because of the water shortage.  Here in SAT they turn the water off frequently  in the summer.  When there is water, it is just a trickle - not enough pressure to fill your water tanks.  They Maybe turn it on for 2 hours a day.

They can't "ship" any more water than the wells provide. A tinaco or aljibe has always been a must have for us. The aljibe in the house we built and that Tom Gates and his wife just sold has a 60,000 liter capacity. That's not a typo, it's so big it has a wall down the middle for strength that has openings in so the water level is equal on both sides. Yeah, overkill but Luis Ramierez just kept digging with the backhoe and I didn't stop him.

• Haha 1

I live in the SE corner of SAT.  I have been watching the water slow down and the hours we get water is less than two months ago.  Luckily it will still fill my underground tank but no ways is the pressure high enough to get to the tank on the roof. My system has a pump from the underground tank to the roof tank and another pump to take the water from the roof to the house (32lbs). Neighbors have noticed the slow down on our street.  It could be a clogged pipe as I noticed some dirt coming in the water line but I think it is just a shortage of water compared to after the rainy season when the street pressure can actually run sprinklers.  

My observations.

• Like 1