Chapala.com Webboard

Possible abandoned dog, SAT, Mirasol or Riberas

I live in lower SAT and yesterday an older gringo man pulled up in front of my house in a beige van and let his dog out. I couldn't see too well, but he removed either a leash or collar from the animal, got back in his van and drove off, with the dog racing in pursuit. Maybe that's the way he exercises the dog, but the incident disturbed me enough to post this. All I saw of the dog was a mid-sized black & white animal, more white than black I think, but it was running flat out when I actually got a brief look, headed for Riberas. So if anyone sees a bewildered, lost looking dog in the area, maybe you could try to coax him/her to somewhere safe and call one of the shelters? I hate to think  the dog was just dumped and could be in distress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately it doesn't sound like exercising the dog - that is generally done by driving very slowly whenever I have seen it done. GRRRR If someone finds this poor pooch, please consider fostering it. We at the Ranch are full to the brim because all the dogs scheduled to fly North to new forever homes are still sitting at the Ranch. Or post the details and we'll try to find a foster or a better home.

Thank you for caring.

Just once, I would like to be able to identify one of these creeps... and drive them into the middle of nowhere... and dump them.

NO ONE should ever do this to an animal who has loved you, protected you and depended on you. May they all rot in hell.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ferret said:

NO ONE should ever do this to an animal who has loved you, protected you and depended on you. May they all rot in hell.

No argument that it's a repulsive thing to do. But who knows if it's even someone's own dog or cat they are dumping off? It could be some neighbor's dog that they considered a nuisance and lured into their vehicle.

• Sad 1

If you want to know how traumatic it is, you needed to see our puppy who was rescued running back and forth across the Carratera in Riberas. She would look up at a car, shake her little head and run to another car. I caught her, took her home and she decided to stay. About 5 months later I was running errands with the dogs in the car. I stopped at Parker Insurance, near where she'd been dumped. She ran to the back window and started whimpering and shaking. The other dog nuzzled her and I held her and told her I'd never, ever throw her out of a car. It took several minutes to calm her down. She wasn't completely settled until we got home. It just broke my heart that someone could be so cruel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Bless you MtnMama.

And I wish I could have more than two in my little house. Ginny (who was tied to the ranch gate still lactating) is a much loved member of my family. It took her nearly a year to settle in and open up her heart. It was worth the wait. She's the biggest, goofiest snuggle bunny. She flops on her back to get her tummy rubbed. What is strange is that she wags her tail the whole time I'm rubbing it... and I sing "row, row, row your boat, gently up the stream" in time to it.

Bless the ranch and all the good work that you guys do. Thank you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrs. Rupert said:

Tom Gates, This person had many ways to find a place for this dog.  There is Lucky Dog, and The Ranch just to start.  He was a cruel, nasty, pig of a person.  Shame on you for coming up with a stupid excuse.

Like[thingy]

• Confused 2