Chapala.com Webboard

'What's wrong with you Mexico?' Health workers attacked amid Covid-19 fears

Jim Bowie

Xena. are you sure? While being kept at home during the past weeks I have been watching a great deal of news from both Canada and the US.  And, honestly I have heard nothing about these great health care workers being verbally attacked.  What am I missing :)  

40 minutes ago, johanson said:

Xena. are you sure? While being kept at home during the past weeks I have been watching a great deal of news from both Canada and the US.  And, honestly I have heard nothing about these great health care workers being verbally attacked.  What am I missing :)  

You are missing a lot of photos, news stories, and videos. Have you seen about the anti-closure demonstrations? One (at least) blocked ambulances. There is a photo of a nurse staring down a big dude leaning close and trying to intimidate her, and the video of a line of nurses blocking a line of protesters in vehicles. The first truck in line has a woman hanging out the window screaming at them. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

This is obviously not as bad but in my former home town, some people like to keep health care workers at arms length from fear of contracting the virus.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9958174-niagara-hospital-worker-says-she-was-denied-access-to-lcbo/ 

Are we not supposed to keep everyone at arms length or more away?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, johanson said:

Health care workers across the US ARE being attacked, tires slashed, hot coffee thrown on them, and on, and on, and on. There was an article in the Miami Herald referencing this. https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241967281.html 

Ignorance is fed by ignorance . . . In the USA, it obviously starts at the top!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

It's happening in the good ole USA too!!! Why attack Mexico when it's happening in your home country? People in the USA need to look in the mirror. Just sayin' . . .

• Like 1