Chapala.com Webboard

Two thumbs up for TELMEX

My good story for a other wise  blah week/month

We reported on Tuesday (this week) to Telmex 800-123-2222 (I have cell phone) that our phone service was not working (the internet was ok).

To day Thursday PM we have service renewed and a friendly call from a service person in English that he had fix the problem in the street

I am impressed all the more so that we did not have to go into the Ajijic office.  May be there is a God after all 

Unfortunately with both  CFE and Telmex,  Chapala falls into the small town classification. For that reason the service is very different than service in a metropolitan area. I remember a few years ago when a transformer shorted out CFE had to go to GDL to pick one up. It took 2 days to replace. In GDL it would have been in 2-3 hours.

I have lived in this house in Ajijic for 12 years with minimal CFE problems especially in the last 5 or 6 years since they replaced the transformer down the street; also my next door neighbor worked for CFE.

Telmex has been a problem until the last couple of years, every year there was something going wrong; once no phone or internet for 8 weeks. However, since Ilox was installed a year ago (I kept my Telmex service also) the Telmex download speed has continued to improve and is now over 50 mbps and is more reliable and consistent than Ilox; this morning the Ilox download speed was 15 mbps; I check both regularly. I will be cancelling my Ilox service after we get through this lockdown; for me a backup is important right now.