Chapala.com Webboard

INFO ON CORNO VIRUS STIMULUS CHECK

Will L

10 hours ago, More Liana said:

How did you find out the address to which it was mailed?  I'd like to know where they sent mine.

Try all your old addresses when you use the "Where's my check" IRS site.  I finally put in an address I was going to move to but didn't.   I had used that address for my 2018 return.  Have you tried using your CDMX address instead of your current one in Morelia?

On 6/29/2020 at 6:57 AM, oregontochapala said:

Sometime back, maybe 6 weeks ago, someone posted that a deadline was fast approaching to file a short form with the IRS to include where you wanted any deposits made. In spite of the Stimulus website saying DON'T do anything if you are a SS recipient who receives direct deposit, I filed the short form which took me maybe 5 minutes.

Boy, am I glad I did! Within a couple of days, the check your stimulus page showed me when and to what account our deposit would be made and it that's exactly what happened.

From what I've read, the IRS is not "well connected" to the info the SSA has. If, like me, you've had no reason to file with the IRS for a number of years, they may have attempted to deposit to the last account in which you received a refund. Enough time had passed that I didn't want to risk this, thus the reason I heeded the advice and filed a mini-return. Maybe you still can? The info was on the  check my stimulus page.

Like you I had not filed for a while and my SS check is deposited to a Mexican bank and the address on the SS1099 is my physical address in Mexico but since I live in a rural area where no mail is delivered I was afraid I would never see that check.  So, I did what you did and filed last weekend, I have not received any communication from the IRS but when I check on Get My Payment the address which I filed my tax which is a mail forwarding service in Laredo came up automatically on the form.  IRS acknowledge and approved my filing so I expect that maybe after July 23, the check will finally make it

FYI   We received a direct deposit today in our U.S. Bank for both of our stimulus payments.  Here is an update of what transpired in case any of you are experiencing the same situation:

We are non-filers, have been for around 18 years.   Filed the non-filers form 27 May. Could not and still cannot use Get My Payment option on IRS website, states Status Not Available.  We wrote to our Senator in the State in the U.S. where we lived 18 years ago, filled out a Privacy Act Form so they could contact the IRS, that was a month ago, the IRS still has not contacted the Senator.  We have not received any letters from the IRS in our Mexican PO Box or at our home address in Mexico.  The Non-filers form that we sent the end of May has our U.S. bank as our primary bank.  However, Social Security deposits one S.S. check monthly to a MX bank and one to a bank in the U.S.   As people have posted previously, the IRS will not deposit checks to a foreign bank.  So, long story short, I am glad I sent the Non-filers form electronically using our U.S. bank so that we eventually received the $2400 payments. Perhaps this will help someone in our same situation.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Bryan_GDL said:

Hi, I just got my EIP check, can someone please guide me on how to cash the check, besides my ID and check what other documents do I need to bring to the bank? Thanks!

US government checks are near impossible to cash at a regular Mexican bank many posters have said. Intercam or Activar are more likely a better bet if you have an account with them. Things might have changed as this is old information.