Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Please note--- Vital Information


#HarryB
 Share

Recommended Posts

The only official english information for the Chapala municipality is on the Facebook page  "Chapala EXPAT Liaison". Messages from the govenor are intended for the large population centers and allow interpretation by the local mayors. Our Governor, Enrique Alfaro is acting very responsibly for the protection of the people of Jalisco. Likewise, our Mayor Moises Anaya, is acting very responsibly and using his leeway for the protection of his population. He is modifying state directives based on what he sees locally.

 

The official expat Facebook page summarizes today's rules for Chapala. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could go to Chapalalaw.com, then blog and Spencer has translated the law. 
here is a condensed version :

As of Monday April 20, all social isolation measures that were previously voluntary are now OBLIGATORY.

1. Leave house only when absolutely required.
2. High risk groups should not leave their house.
3. Only essential workers may work.
4. No events larger than 50 persons.
5. No events in public spaces.
6. Take actions for safe distance and hand washing.
7. NEW - MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES FOR ANYONE WHO IS OUT.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WideSky said:

You could go to Chapalalaw.com, then blog and Spencer has translated the law. 
here is a condensed version :

As of Monday April 20, all social isolation measures that were previously voluntary are now OBLIGATORY.

1. Leave house only when absolutely required.
2. High risk groups should not leave their house.
3. Only essential workers may work.
4. No events larger than 50 persons.
5. No events in public spaces.
6. Take actions for safe distance and hand washing.
7. NEW - MASKS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES FOR ANYONE WHO IS OUT.

What about people age 60 and over?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's what's at Spencer's blog, found here, http://www.chapalalaw.com/new-jalisco-orders-and-requirements-sunday-april-19-2020/

Quote

 

20 April, 2020 by Lic. Spencer Richard Mc Mullen Comments are off

New Jalisco orders and requirements Sunday April 19, 2020

I am attaching the Official State Newspaper and as translation I have done to English of the requirements.

All people over 60 shall stay home, there are fines they can apply. People may go out to buy medicine, food and see a doctor, which are essential activities.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, #HarryB said:

The only official english information for the Chapala municipality is on the Facebook page  "Chapala EXPAT Liaison". Messages from the govenor are intended for the large population centers and allow interpretation by the local mayors. Our Governor, Enrique Alfaro is acting very responsibly for the protection of the people of Jalisco. Likewise, our Mayor Moises Anaya, is acting very responsibly and using his leeway for the protection of his population. He is modifying state directives based on what he sees locally.

 

The official expat Facebook page summarizes today's rules for Chapala. 

There is nothing on that site about today's rules for Chapala. I WAS JUST THERE AT 11:00PM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In fact, I can find nothing of substance since a video on April 7 on the main page, just a bunch of brief tweets. I'm not sure many users of FaceBook for business purposes really understand how it works. For example, today's info is under POSTS. But there are no other posts of that nature, no images of the papers themselves, etc.

Restaurants are also having a difficult time posting things like menus, because no one knows where they should go. So mostly what you get is the odd photo. Some places are very good at posting photos, but this leads to a lot of people who go to FaceBook spending way too much time looking for things that should be obvious. This is a problem with the design, not the users.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

There is nothing on that site about today's rules for Chapala. I WAS JUST THERE AT 11:00PM

Hector posted this at 11:10 AM, 

This is the official interpretation for Chapala of the rules put out by the governor, effective for today


1. Isolation to be enforced. No fines to be applied unless gross noncompliance is observed.
2. Go out ONLY if strictly necessary.
3. Population at risk, do not go out on foot.
4. Only essential activities allowed
5. No groups over 10 as previously stated for Chapala municipality.
6. ALL public spaces are closed.
7. Follow all sanitary recommendations,I.e.distancing
8. Wear masks whenever out of house. Checking on in car made case for drivers vision.
9. Fines are up to the Mayor. None in Chapala at this time.
10. Penalities are up to the Mayor and will be announced before implementation.

ALL other rumors are just that. Please ignore. Remember we love and want to protect our elders. It is a Mexican thing!
Hector

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Jalisco governor announced that starting this Monday it will be mandatory to abide by social isolation measures to prevent COVID -19 infections, and those who do not will be sanctioned.

In a message on social networks, the governor explained that the only new provision is the use of mouth masks on public roads, which adds to other obligations such as avoiding leaving the house but it is an essential activity, not using public spaces as sports units and parks, avoid concentrations greater than 50 people

 

Arrest of up to 36 hours for those who breach confinement in Jalisco

  •  

He explained that the municipal authorities will be in charge of monitoring the mandatory compliance with the isolation. In addition, he reported that state government personnel will distribute mouth masks at different points in the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area (AMG).

The health security measures will be in force until May 17, 2020, and their validity can be extended if necessary.


The head of the Executive Power regretted that in recent days the majority of the population has relaxed compliance with social isolation, which, according to measurements, was below 40%. He insisted on redoubling efforts since the stage of greatest risk is being crossed and if the precautions are not maintained, the work already done will be of little use.

 

Also starting Monday, the checkpoints that operated in the AMG entrances will be moved to the limits with other States to prevent the entry of affected people.He said that in particular those who come from the Valley of Mexico, one of the points of the country with the highest incidence, will be monitored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

I suspect that most businesses that use only Facebook don't realize that we who refuse to use Facebook have an ad blocking the lower 1/4 of the page, making it pretty useless. Just use a Web page please.

We who use Facebook don’t know about the web site. Are you suggesting we look it up for you? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder how folks west of Chapala boundary will fare , like living in SJC and the Raquect Club.... when they are stopped at the roadblock by the fish restaurants....and explain the Chapala mayor has given them (or plan to??) dispensation to travel

Perhaps they will be eligible for the SJC Feed Program ..or left to stave

These road blocks are maned by the Joco municipal police and the Transitos from Joco ......and surprise surprise  have a tow truck conventionally parked on the side of the road...and I suspect care not a s**t  about the Chapala Municipality, but an opportunity to enrich themselves

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Xena said:

We who use Facebook don’t know about the web site. Are you suggesting we look it up for you? 

No, I'm suggesting that if a business pays Facebook for a poorly designed page that can't be used by a fair number of people, it may not be the best of business decisions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

No, I'm suggesting that if a business pays Facebook for a poorly designed page that can't be used by a fair number of people, it may not be the best of business decisions.

I really do not understand your point. You want FB to design a page for people who do not use FB? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...