Chapala.com Webboard

New Rules for Tomorrow

Just now, Mainecoons said:

Don't you read your own posts?

Again, take a bit of a broader approach. Okay, I did say Washington. You should have read "EVERY government". But who really cares? Because it is absolutely true. Don't try to change the point of the discussion and make it political, breaking your own "rules". Washington is corrupt. That is not a political statement. It is a fact. If you want to engage in a discussion about other countries and their corruption, then let's do that.

Why should I read every government when you start out with a transparent slap at the POTUS and then go on to carry on about one country?  You think we're so dense we don't know whom you are referring to?

I haven't made anything political.  Read your own post again and again until you figure that one out too.

So it can be done. Don't be putting all the blame on others who "won". Put the blame on them when you know they lobby unfairly with huge amounts of money and bribes in Washington to further their shareholder's interests. THAT's where the problem lies. But remember, they didn't start out that way. Unless their father was rich and gave them 10 million to get started...

On the other hand, yes, we know the US gov't is corrupt at many levels and that the big corps are going to take all the money, because they have cadres of lawyers taking advantage of every loophole in the acts (including those loopholes built in by those legislators who are in the pockets of those same corporations.

Oh, come on. You make everything political. We all know it. You don't fool anybody. And trust me, Trump needs every slap he gets, until he's gone. There. How's that for political.

But come on: use your position as moderator to tell me I'm being too personal and threaten to have me taken off.

• Like 6

One more time.  The only one who made this discussion political is you.  Man up and admit it and stop pretending to be a victim.  Please don't make it necessary for me to post your politicizing here again.

So it can be done. Don't be putting all the blame on others who "won". Put the blame on them when you know they lobby unfairly with huge amounts of money and bribes in Washington to further their shareholder's interests. THAT's where the problem lies. But remember, they didn't start out that way. Unless their father was rich and gave them 10 million to get started...

On the other hand, yes, we know the US gov't is corrupt at many levels and that the big corps are going to take all the money, because they have cadres of lawyers taking advantage of every loophole in the acts (including those loopholes built in by those legislators who are in the pockets of those same corporations.

• Like 1

Come on guys, Washington is a state. Now Washington, D.C. is what you all must be referring to.  Also This is getting really political and we don't want the moderators to lock us down. (I say with a large smile)   :) :) 

Gosh, being locked in and not allowed out the street has really increased the number of FUN posts, I say again with a large :)

Oh and the first deaths from the corona virus in North America, came from my state of Washington, in Kirkland, a suburb of Seattle. Now that was really unimportant, :) 

• Haha 2

Kirkland is a city in Washington State, on the east side of Lake Washington. Seattle is on the west side of Lake Washington. Kirkland is where Costco headquarters are located.  (And you'd be very impressed with how unimpressive their HQ is. 😀) This is why their "store brand" is called Kirkland. Likely none of the "Kirland products" really come from there, but that's why they share the brand name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkland,_Washington

Now that was an impressive tangent!

Actually Costco was started in Seattle and their headquarters were in the city of Kirkland, a suburb of Seattle near the home of Jim Sinegal, one of the founders. When Costco decided to come out with their own brand of items of equal or better quality of what was available on the open market for an equal less cost. They chose the name Kirkland.  They later moved their headquarters to another suburb  of Seattle called Issaquah and wisely chose not to change the name of their products.

Store #1, of course is in Seattle, when Costco expanded to Guadalajara  there were already more than 700 stores world wide. The first Guad store was their 703rd store around the world and the later store the one closer to Joco was their 730th store. And the stores are so named

The above is based upon my memory of what I learned as a loyal customer. And I might of made an error, but I think I got it right.  

EDIT: I just read the other post just before mine. It is my understanding that the HQ did move to Issaquah.

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

One more time.  The only one who made this discussion political is you.  Man up and admit it and stop pretending to be a victim.  Please don't make it necessary for me to post your politicizing here again.

You see me as a victim? Aw, that is so sweet, Dan.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, johanson said:

The above is based upon my memory of what I learned as a loyal customer. And I might of made an error, but I think I got it right.  

EDIT: I just read the other post just before mine. It is my understanding that the HQ did move to Issaquah.

I'm sure you probably have it right, or close enough! I left Seattle 12 years ago and my memory fades. But I do remember meeting either Jim Sinegal or maybe Jeff Brotman when the headquarters were in Kirklnad. The office was as unimpressive as a High School Vice Principal's. Ha!

Was Costco #1 at 4th Ave. South in Seattle, down toard the airport? Or 2nd Ave. South? That's the only Costco I ever shopped at til here.