Chapala.com Webboard

New Jalisco orders and requirements Sunday April 19, 2020

I just drove to the Oxxo with my mask on and disinfecting wipes. Paid my Telmex and my Telcel, bought onions, avocados, 2 giant loaves of whole wheat bimbo bread, 2 jars of peanut butter, 4 boxes of milk and corn flakes. I am now stuffing my face with  Sabritas and onion dip because it's the first treat I've had in four weeks. Carry on.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Intercasa said:

Please read the following which clarifies terms and also the limits on what the government can do to enforce, while legally it may be difficult for the authorities to act, you would not want to place your fellow man at risk nor fight with the police who could jail or fine you first causing you grief and money only to be later exonerated.

traduc10.jpg

So the stay at home order for 60+ is encouraged but not absolute.  Most of us are smart enough to do essential tasks (while wearing a face mask, of course) and then go home.  As far as the gatherings if no more than 50, I don't even know that many people and isn't Chapala's regulation no more than 10?

47 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I just drove to the Oxxo with my mask on and disinfecting wipes. Paid my Telmex and my Telcel, bought onions, avocados, 2 giant loaves of whole wheat bimbo bread, 2 jars of peanut butter, 4 boxes of milk and corn flakes. I am now stuffing my face with  Sabritas and onion dip because it's the first treat I've had in four weeks. Carry on.

And that is a good reason to wear the mask in the house too!  😉

8 hours ago, johanson said:

If I read this correctly, because I am over 60, I can no longer go yo the grocery store to buy groceries or to the bank to get money or to the Doctor's office for a health check.     Am I reading this correctly. Something sounds very wrong here. Sure when I go out, I wear surgical gloves and a medical face mask. And I leave my home as little as possible.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

I have been told by a friend of a friend that if you are jailed and over 60, you will be fed.  No age discrimination at the local "cárcel"......:D

So take your chances breaking the law and getting away with it,  or let the government feed you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I went from Jocotepec to San Antonio this morning and back. One road check going east. I'm over 60 and was waved through. I went to 5 different places in San Antonio-no problem. I was wearing a mask and gloves. 

Im translating the broadcast message (municipal government) and there is a provision for walking dogs, says wear a mask when walking your dog so that implies that walking dogs is allowed.

Unless AMLO declares Martial Law, no state governor can suspend any civil rights of anyone. They can, however, demand that you wear a mask, and can limit crowds, enforce social distancing, similar orders.

Pretty much the same NOB, except each governor can declare Martial Law, IF, that is included in the Constitution of that State. If not, they cannot do it. Only then can they restrict personal freedoms. The President(NOB) can also do this, but his ability to enforce in all states would be unmanageable. Easier to enforce in a community or maybe one state.

14 hours ago, slainte39 said:

I have been told by a friend of a friend that if you are jailed and over 60, you will be fed.  No age discrimination at the local "cárcel"......:D

So take your chances breaking the law and getting away with it,  or let the government feed you.

Friends of friends and their cousins twice removed are absolutely the most accurate source of information. Gracias for the heads up!

• Haha 3