Chapala.com Webboard

Reflective Film

Check out Amazon.com.mx for window film.  There are some amazing options, economical, delivery in 2 days and can be easily installed, DIY, at home.  :)  Just received mine for a small project.  Note:  you need a window squeegee to do the installation correctly.

So, now, where to find one of those today?

Cheers!

Val  :)

A shower squeegee works... so does a credit card but it takes longer.

If you have no success finding window film, try hanging a Lona (awning) in FRONT of the glass on a curtain rod. This is the way Coolaroo was designed in Australia. The sun doesn't hit the glass at all so no heat gain AND you can see through it. They are available in various sizes and colours ready made at Casa de Plomero or they can custom make you one. Can easily be removed or pushed to the side for the winter when you want that heat gain on those windows.

Quick blinds custom made and installed roll up translucent awnings for us.  The have been very effective.  They have been in service for about 10 years with no problems.  We have overhangs on the windows where they are installed which are probably contribute to the the longevity of of the material.

• Like 1

Ruben 331 048 9610.  He's been installing window tint for house, motor home, cars, for quite a while.  He commonly carries samples to choose from. 

There are also suppliers of the material in Guad if you'd prefer to do it yourself, I don't know the address(es). 

As Alpha1 stated, there are various qualities, colors (tint) and purposes.  Some block heat, some are mirrored.  3M has some great products.

He'll come by, show you samples and give you a price.

On 4/19/2020 at 9:31 AM, AlongTheWay said:

Ruben 331 048 9610.  He's been installing window tint for house, motor home, cars, for quite a while.  He commonly carries samples to choose from. 

There are also suppliers of the material in Guad if you'd prefer to do it yourself, I don't know the address(es). 

As Alpha1 stated, there are various qualities, colors (tint) and purposes.  Some block heat, some are mirrored.  3M has some great products.

That number  does not  work any email or different number,  also my other source said they can not go to Guad for the material 

• 2 years later...

Window tinting for CARS AND HOUSES by RUBEN RUBIO. More than 19 years in experience. PREVIOUS NUMBER 33 10489610.  ATTENDING NOW ON: 33 27888736

Best work and prices, well recommended, NOW ATTENDING ON: 33 27888736

On 4/19/2020 at 8:31 AM, AlongTheWay said:

I tried DIY and it didn't turn out nearly as well as when this gentleman did the work for a very reasonable price.

Recommend!

I would put up awnings instead. Window film can look so bad after awhile. I put up two large awnings where I needed protection from the sun. There is a business in Riberas? That measures for them , makes them and installs them. With a 5 year warranty. They still look nice 8 years later.  

While I don't recommend a particular window tint company... I will say that done right, anything with a 3M film, will last, and do the job quite well.  Car or home windows/glass doors.  My car.

I do suggest a professional install.  They should have an installation warranty to redo or replace if after X amount of days the tint starts to warp.  Anyone working with a 3M product should be including their warranty with the installation. (no, I don't work for 3M, just a happy consumer with some previous installations).

• Thanks 1