Chapala.com Webboard

Map of Confirmed Cases in Each Municipality in Mexico

Frijoles

I was talking to Dr. Carlos Garcia today on the phone and I asked him about the rumor that I had heard that a couple who had returned from a trip to Europe, were ill and that they were tested for corona virus were found positive and where taken by ambulance from the San Antonio Hospital to a hospital in Guadalajara.

Dr. Garcia said NO that this was not so and that they had not had any patients that were tested for the corona virus.  He had heard the rumor thought, that a couple on the south side of the lake may have tested positive.

I was happily surprised to hear this.

22 hours ago, conejorapido said:

The problem is that there is so little testing that there is no real understanding of infection levels anywhere in Mexico.

I think that is more common than not in a lot of places and makes it really difficult to know what the real death rate is from this thing.  For example there has been a study in California that shows that the real infection and recovery rate is far higher and hence the death rate is much closer to the flu than initial expectations.