Chapala.com Webboard

By-Passing Aguascaliente... going north

RickS

I've been through Aquas many times both north and south and have used every route to get through it with success. BUT I'm curious about the 'new' loop out west if going north... seen it but never felt it was necessary to take. 

A friend 'tho will be pulling a big trailer north and I am wondering if anyone has actually taken that bypass. Google map and Mapquest both show that it only goes 'so far' before dead ending about half way around. I assume that this has changed as the signs where one would get on it plainly say, "Zacatecas". 

Any thoughts or information about that route and where it might reconnect going north. 

• Like 1

Be very interested in what you learn here.  We haven't found a good way to get by Aguas in three trips to NM yet.  Particularly coming south it seems very hard to get around that place.  If you look at a map it looks possible to take the bypass to Ruta 71 then that north to 18 and eventually make your way over to 45 north of Aguas but given the poor quality of the roads in that area it is probably not nearly as easy as it looks.

As heavy as the traffic is on 45 both north and south of Aguas it is surprising there is no cuota bypass by now.

• 2 weeks later...