Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
Eric Blair

what are your thoughts on travel after the Bans are lifted?

Recommended Posts

On 4/17/2020 at 5:50 PM, ea93105 said:

So unlike the airlines it sounds like the cruise lines are not being forced to refund bookings that THEY are canceling, now it makes sense. Hope they don't get bailed out.

But maybe the cruise companies aren't canceling the trips knowing that way they won't have to refund. They probably have no single governing body to tell them what to do

Perhaps not being forced. However, Cunard vountarily offered us a full refund for a cancelled cruise or a 125% future cruise credit. The choice was ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping to go to the plaza and get an ice cream cone. Anything after that is a bonus.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, conejorapido said:

....Cunard vountarily offered us a full refund for a cancelled cruise or a 125% future cruise credit. The choice was ours.

Same here with Oceania. Much simpler and easier to deal with than many airlines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 1:28 PM, ea93105 said:

Have you heard that cruise lines are seeing strong future bookings ? Crazy

Frankly I think it's their stock holders trying to inflate the stock price

IMO, you can believe what the cruise lines tell you only slightly less that what the government tells you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, conejorapido said:

Perhaps not being forced. However, Cunard vountarily offered us a full refund for a cancelled cruise or a 125% future cruise credit. The choice was ours.

Since the ADA (Airline Deregulation Act) of 1975, there have been very little requirements on the airlines other than safety, and even then, cramming more and more people into flights; less perks (food, etc.) and more fees.  Not to mention multi million dollar salaries, bonuses and stock options to CEOs.

I do see that the bailout limits CEOs to getting "only" $425,000 pay/bonuses and stock options for 2 years, and no dividends and stock buybacks (Forbes).

How can airline executives live on a mere $425,000 per year?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Air Canada is now offering and promoting not only Aeroplan Miles, but even Altitude Status qualification, for numerous non-travel things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Air Canada is one airline that I will NEVER fly on. They've been gouging for YEARS and just took my accumulated miles with very short warning. Of all the airlines that deserve to go out of business, they top the list for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my fave either.....FYI you can get those miles back; you just have to push hard - think this is covered in some of the new legislation and even if not, there should be more flexibility at this time......suerte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't mean they JUST took them. I meant they just (up and) took them. It was over 10 years ago and I'm still pi$$ed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TRAVEL PLANS FOR 2020
1. I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.
2. I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.
3. I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my children, friends, family and work.
4. I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.
5. I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.
6. I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
7. Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
8. One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenaline flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age, I need all the stimuli I can get!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

TRAVEL PLANS FOR 2020
1. I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.
2. I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.
3. I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my children, friends, family and work.
4. I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.
5. I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.
6. I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.
7. Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.
8. One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenaline flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age, I need all the stimuli I can get!

Beauty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...