Chapala.com Webboard

Road blocks and police checks?

27 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Not sure what the reasoning here might be. Your wife has a voter card with her address; you have some kind of ID with address. If you are not domiciled in Chapala yourself, why would they let you through without a problem but not your Mexican wife?

Don't know but they only wanted to let one of us through. My wife doesn't look Mexican and they never asked for ID. Went again this morning by myself and the answer seems to be to go before 8:30. They were just putting up the lane dividers and coming back just before 9 they were in full force.

50 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

No checks open at 8AM this morning but officials were beginning to set up.

So if you are sick and dying in your car just get here before 8AM 

I for one am greatful that these efforts are keeping the majority of Tapitaos out of our area for now! Good work Chapala!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 4/16/2020 at 4:22 PM, cedros said:

I don't think they are clueless-just oblivious and don't care.

In my book clueless and oblivious are the same thing.  Don't care is unforgivable.  They might care if one of them or a family member or grandma got suck or even died.  Stay at home and social distancing are selfless acts so you don't infect others in case you are infected.  That is also the primary reason for wearing a mask, to protect others.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bdlngton said:

In my book clueless and oblivious are the same thing.  Don't care is unforgivable.  They might care if one of them or a family member or grandma got suck or even died.  Stay at home and social distancing are selfless acts so you don't infect others in case you are infected.  That is also the primary reason for wearing a mask, to protect others.  

react_thanks.png.f075aaf81ca308a8e3c4d2db58d07353.pngreact_thanks.png.f075aaf81ca308a8e3c4d2db58d07353.pngreact_thanks.png.f075aaf81ca308a8e3c4d2db58d07353.pngreact_thanks.png.f075aaf81ca308a8e3c4d2db58d07353.png

49 minutes ago, bdlngton said:

24 minutes ago, Ferret said:

react_thanks.png.f075aaf81ca308a8e3c4d2db58d07353.pngreact_thanks.png.f075aaf81ca308a8e3c4d2db58d07353.pngreact_thanks.png.f075aaf81ca308a8e3c4d2db58d07353.pngreact_thanks.png.f075aaf81ca308a8e3c4d2db58d07353.png

I'm out of reactions for today, too, so I stole Ferret's.

18 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Was there a check point going north?

On Monday there was and it was backed up quite a distance.