Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Coronavirus, SARS, COVID-19


Recommended Posts

The world's food chain has obvious broken links, and there have already been announcements of expected shortages of medicines, most of which are made in India and China.  Not only are old folks dependent upon food, but qlso upon medications to stay alive. Civilization, as we know it, developed over a very long time; one tiny adaptation after another, and one major innovation at a time. We are all now quite interdependent and subject to the possibility of a sudden collapse of everything that we know.  Hang on tight!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are some countries that were on top of this from the get go with testing and tracking and the wearing of masks. Those countries are doing well but have not shut down... South Korea and Iceland are two of them (off the top of my head). To have ignored the warnings has put many people and their jobs in jeopardy. There was never any free lunch. Pay to step up or pay more to shut down.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Geez, history tells us the results of past world pandemics. You hear very little of the economies even though they were decimated for sure.  There is a very obvious cause and effect here. We are in a distinct point in time where we have the knowledge and skills to make a difference. In other words, if we change the cause the effect will also change. However we have some morons who can’t seem to know the difference.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, gringal said:

Mexico has a big problem, but the same is true of other places...like the U.S.A., where those living paycheck to paycheck are s.o.l. when jobs are lost.  With the jobs, the company paid health insurance disappears, and getting food stamps or any other kind of welfare is another story these days. 

Naivete is an affliction born of accepting comfort rather than reality...which is seldom comfortable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sad [thingy]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

Geez, history tells us the results of past world pandemics. You hear very little of the economies even though they were decimated for sure.  There is a very obvious cause and effect here. We are in a distinct point in time where we have the knowledge and skills to make a difference. In other words, if we change the cause the effect will also change. However we have some morons who can’t seem to know the difference.

As far as I know the degree of lock down and economic disruption here is unprecedented.  Please cite any credible reference to the contrary.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was a kid, family gardens, root cellars, pickle barrels, chickens, and nearby hunting & fishing options were very common. I even had a number of traps, and used them.  That was the way it was in pre-WWII days and through the war as well.   Today, most have none of those options. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

New scenario for Lily:

You have been sick for several weeks. Your cupboards are bare and you are hungry and weak. The local utilities have failed and you are without phone, power or internet. No stores are open and it is dangerous to go out un-armed, if at all, as law enforcement has also failed. 

What now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RVGRINGO said:

New scenario for Lily:

You have been sick for several weeks. Your cupboards are bare and you are hungry and weak. The local utilities have failed and you are without phone, power or internet. No stores are open and it is dangerous to go out un-armed, if at all, as law enforcement has also failed. 

What now?

At that point I will just take the bitter pill and walk toward the light.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good description of dilemna.  The answer: death.  Our technology isn't going to help that scenario.  In fact, we are so dependent or it that many have lost the resourcefulness that characterized former generations.

The idea of gardens, etc., is all possible for people who don't live in apartments in the big cities.  They are in deep trouble.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

New scenario for Lily:

You have been sick for several weeks. Your cupboards are bare and you are hungry and weak. The local utilities have failed and you are without phone, power or internet. No stores are open and it is dangerous to go out un-armed, if at all, as law enforcement has also failed. 

What now?

We have been talking of getting ready since January or February. You just haven’t been listening. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My family and many of my friends started prepping for something like this the first day that Obama took office. Being self reliant is very comforting. However, in all of our discussions and planning, we were not prepared for biological warfare. Firepower is pretty much useless until pandemonium erupts in the streets. In the US, the Mormons run "food pantry" stores for basic supplies and they even give them out freely to the poor. It is part of their belief system to be prepared, remember, they also have the seed storage place. We are not Mormon, but they are open to all. The political posturing is just beginning and it is pretty obvious that Gates and Soros are connected to the Wuhan Lab, and Obamao donated money to the lab. I hope we get to the bottom of this catastrophe, but I'm still waiting to find out what happened in Las Vegas, and Epstein, and Hillary's laptop that supposedly ties her to satanic pedophilia. If the food chain breaks down, it will get really bad. The current data of infections and deaths show that we drank the Koolaide. However, every third world dictator now has a virus lab and of course they preserved their own personal specimen of the new Covid-19. Round two? Who knows. Round two of the Spanish Flu was the worst round. In any event, destruction of the economy will cause more damage than the virus. The world changed overnight and I'm afraid that this Chinese virus is the brainchild of the New World Order. If that is the case, expect major civil unrest. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh goody:  another conspiracy theorist comes on board.  Just what we need at this juncture. 

Anyone think it's possible that like all plagues of the past, this one "just happened"?

Here's a conspiracy theory that holds up pretty well:  The postal service disappears and then nobody can vote by mail?  Golly,  who would benefit from that scenario and is therefore helping the Postal Service go out of business?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Michael Ray said:

My family and many of my friends started prepping for something like this the first day that Obama took office. Being self reliant is very comforting. However, in all of our discussions and planning, we were not prepared for biological warfare. Firepower is pretty much useless until pandemonium erupts in the streets. In the US, the Mormons run "food pantry" stores for basic supplies and they even give them out freely to the poor. It is part of their belief system to be prepared, remember, they also have the seed storage place. We are not Mormon, but they are open to all. The political posturing is just beginning and it is pretty obvious that Gates and Soros are connected to the Wuhan Lab, and Obamao donated money to the lab. I hope we get to the bottom of this catastrophe, but I'm still waiting to find out what happened in Las Vegas, and Epstein, and Hillary's laptop that supposedly ties her to satanic pedophilia. If the food chain breaks down, it will get really bad. The current data of infections and deaths show that we drank the Koolaide. However, every third world dictator now has a virus lab and of course they preserved their own personal specimen of the new Covid-19. Round two? Who knows. Round two of the Spanish Flu was the worst round. In any event, destruction of the economy will cause more damage than the virus. The world changed overnight and I'm afraid that this Chinese virus is the brainchild of the New World Order. If that is the case, expect major civil unrest. 

FAKE NEWS ON STEROIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

That may be here but that doesn't take care of the rest of Mexico.  Naive.

https://www.borgenmagazine.com/what-to-know-about-hunger-in-mexico/

And this was before millions are being thrown out of work.  

Naive.

 

The article link actually proves the point that food is sufficient in Mexico and that it is simply the delivery systems and access for those who need it most that needs to be improved - which again, the article clearly shows was being recognized and worked on in 2016 under Pena Nieto.    That can only improve, under AMLO.    

So not naïve, perhaps you are simply not able to distill the info given, properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, gringal said:

Oh goody:  another conspiracy theorist comes on board.  Just what we need at this juncture. 

Anyone think it's possible that like all plagues of the past, this one "just happened"?

Here's a conspiracy theory that holds up pretty well:  The postal service disappears and then nobody can vote by mail?  Golly,  who would benefit from that scenario and is therefore helping the Postal Service go out of business?

The Postal Service should have been put out of business long ago. A dinosaur sucking up government funds and run like a DMV, only worse. FREE ENTERPRISE WORKS!!! 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Michael Ray said:

but I'm still waiting to find out what happened in Las Vegas, and Epstein, and Hillary's laptop that supposedly ties her to satanic pedophilia.

Wow, dude, how about who shot JFK?     Please go find a new forum.   And change your canned goods, if you've had them from Obama's 1st election.    

Wow.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where’s the mod.  No political views?

michael Ray needs help...quickly

39 minutes ago, Michael Ray said:

My family and many of my friends started prepping for something like this the first day that Obama took office. Being self reliant is very comforting. However, in all of our discussions and planning, we were not prepared for biological warfare. Firepower is pretty much useless until pandemonium erupts in the streets. In the US, the Mormons run "food pantry" stores for basic supplies and they even give them out freely to the poor. It is part of their belief system to be prepared, remember, they also have the seed storage place. We are not Mormon, but they are open to all. The political posturing is just beginning and it is pretty obvious that Gates and Soros are connected to the Wuhan Lab, and Obamao donated money to the lab. I hope we get to the bottom of this catastrophe, but I'm still waiting to find out what happened in Las Vegas, and Epstein, and Hillary's laptop that supposedly ties her to satanic pedophilia. If the food chain breaks down, it will get really bad. The current data of infections and deaths show that we drank the Koolaide. However, every third world dictator now has a virus lab and of course they preserved their own personal specimen of the new Covid-19. Round two? Who knows. Round two of the Spanish Flu was the worst round. In any event, destruction of the economy will cause more damage than the virus. The world changed overnight and I'm afraid that this Chinese virus is the brainchild of the New World Order. If that is the case, expect major civil unrest. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...