Chapala.com Webboard

Haircut Needed

Zeb

1 hour ago, virgo lady said:

Doing it at home, vs in the shop, does not respect the concept of social distancing.

You do it your way,I'll do it my way. Nothing to do with  preaching about  RESPECT. So, do you shop outside your home or grow your own plants and raise your own animals to eat? Whoops, I  just mildly preached. Ann Landers [RIP] Wrote " MYOB" appropriately enough. My massage guy comes here 3 times/wk. still and I have construction workers doing their thing on my house as we speak.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

41 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Ann Landers [RIP] Wrote " MYOB" appropriately enough

Ann would say, to respect the social distancing, because this is everyone's business, not an MYOB situation.     Your behavior is less than responsible.   

And personally, I am having groceries delivered, and not shopping, for past 2 weeks, thx for asking.     

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

Does anyone have an electric shaver I can use to just shave my head?

There is a new product called Phillips One Blade, they could deliver to your door within three days. The basic model is under $30. There is a pro model, and another model just for body hair. They all include " combs" which allow you to adjust how much hair you want to remove. Are you going to dye your hair blue too? All the rage for isolators and a good way to shock friends and relatives on Facetime!

28 minutes ago, virgo lady said:

Ann would say, to respect the social distancing, because this is everyone's business, not an MYOB situation.     Your behavior is less than responsible.   

And personally, I am having groceries delivered, and not shopping, for past 2 weeks, thx for asking.     

Absolutely correct virgo lady!!  Reason why virus keeps spreading, lack of  social responsibility.  "me" only culture.  

We all need hairdressers, but I myself am abiding by Stay At Home orders unless essential, food is essential, though I too am doing delivery. Quedate en Casa! 

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

So, do you shop outside your home or grow your own plants and raise your own animals to eat?

If you don't understand the difference between going out to shop with mask and gloves and social distancing, then sterilizing when you get home, and having a hairdresser or massage therapist come into your home, it seems you don't understand high risk situations for transmission of the virus at all, or you simply don't care.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, bezerk said:

Absolutely correct virgo lady!!  Reason why virus keeps spreading, lack of  social responsibility.  "me" only culture.  

We all need hairdressers, but I myself am abiding by Stay At Home orders unless essential, food is essential, though I too am doing delivery. Quedate en Casa! 

You obviously know squat about me. I am the only client  my massage therapist has left. His wife and one of his sons lost their jobs when the park closed. His other son got laid off and so did his daughter the school teacher. I just gave him a raise and I won't die without his therapy  but one of my disabilities will worsen. The hairdresser is on the verge of bankruptcy and my contractor would have to lay off all his workers.I am far more susceptible to the ravages of covid-19 than most 77 year olds. Me only my "aztec" Madam/Mister anonymous bezerk. What responsibilitie have you undertaken in other than to looking after yourself?

pedro kertesz  not anonymous.

I have donated to many causes lakeside, and also sir, I am paying my help to stay home. 

I am immunocompromised.  If you have a disability that requires a massage then that may be essential. A haircut is most certainly not. 

I am not the one making the request to Stay At Home the government of Mexico is.  I have family in the states who also have no work, and many are going bankrupt there too. 

We are under these conditions for the good of all....this is an Emergency Health Crisis, let alone an economic crisis, but no one will need money if they die.

I know nothing of you except you are not respecting  social responsibility, the good for all. Nada Mas!  Quedate en Casa!!!!!

• Like 3

It appears what I have done here is aroused a group of alleged humans resembling a pack of jackals for getting a haircut in MY home by ONE individual. It is to laugh how many of you have started going berserk as result of locking yourselves up for a very short period and probably finding that you don't like yourselves. I am not an anonymous gutless wonder like almost all of you posters are. Carry on carrying on.

pedro kertesz

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No, as I have remarked before, you are a reckless old fool whose road has been littered by bad choices. Go ahead, carry on as you say, but in this case you are endangering innocent people who as you say, are desperate for money. You will be judged.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

No, as I have remarked before, you are a reckless old fool whose road has been littered by bad choices. Go ahead, carry on as you say, but in this case you are endangering innocent people who as you say, are desperate for money. You will be judged.

He will not be judged at some future time but is being judged right now, right here. There is a lot of self-righteous judgemental posturing right now on a lot of fronts. I spend enough energy living my life and trying to do the right things as I perceive them to be right. I do not have enough energy left over to police the community,  pass judgements, and point fingers. Apparently others have way more energy than I do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Xena said:

He will not be judged at some future time but is being judged right now, right here. There is a lot of self-righteous judgemental posturing right now on a lot of fronts. I spend enough energy living my life and trying to do the right things as I perceive them to be right. I do not have enough energy left over to police the community,  pass judgements, and point fingers. Apparently others have way more energy than I do. 

Right on! the most judgemental person on this thread are going to drown in their own bile caused by their pecksniffian bent . 🤮 Right gary[chillin] sculptari-eh!.

7 hours ago, happyjillin said:

You obviously know squat about me. I am the only client  my massage therapist has left. His wife and one of his sons lost their jobs when the park closed. His other son got laid off and so did his daughter the school teacher. I just gave him a raise and I won't die without his therapy  but one of my disabilities will worsen. The hairdresser is on the verge of bankruptcy and my contractor would have to lay off all his workers.I am far more susceptible to the ravages of covid-19 than most 77 year olds. Me only my "aztec" Madam/Mister anonymous bezerk. What responsibilitie have you undertaken in other than to looking after yourself?

pedro kertesz  not anonymous.

The teacher is still getting paid by her school.  And I don't know about the "park" but employers are obligated to continue a worker's pay.

I got my haircut today, my wife got the old bowl out.  Actually my wife, among other things, use to own dos Mexican Estetica's so she does a fine job.  I offered to cut her hair but i guess my experience shearing sheep doesn't count!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

I got my haircut today, my wife got the old bowl out.  Actually my wife, among other things, use to own dos Mexican Estetica's so she does a fine job.  I offered to cut her hair but i guess my experience shearing sheep doesn't count!

A cattleman shearing sheep???   tsk! tsk! tsk!  ( a :D , so the mods don´t get upset)