Chapala.com Webboard

A collect call to a 905 number

cedros

I can not remember how to do phone a 905 number collect. Can someone enlightened me please? (MasterCard). It is in my computer some where but....

It's my understanding that you are no longer allowed to make collect calls to 905. Apparently Hazel McCallion   has declared that if you want to call GMA (used to be called GTA) you are going to have to pay for that call. I hope I am wrong, but that woman has power.

12 minutes ago, johanson said:

that woman has power.

She must, esp since she hasn't been Mayor of Mississauga since 2014!    And since the mayors don't make or control the phone company/ies, or policies, either.   Better dig deeper on that one.

She was mayor between 1978 and 2014, and yes she was a power house. She is still around and will turn 100 next February..  I have always enjoyed kidding around about her in a positive way. Until a few years ago she was the longest sitting mayor in Canada. Now that record is held by Mayor Gordon Krantz of Milton, Ontario where he has been mayor since 1980.. For more info you can always check with my buddy, Mr. Google.

1 hour ago, cedros said:

I can not remember how to do phone a 905 number collect. Can someone enlightened me please? (MasterCard). It is in my computer some where but....

Maybe this is a dumb question... No offense

Since calls to the USA and Canada are free from a Telmex phone or a Mexican cell phone ......Why are you trying to call collect?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Maybe this is a dumb question... No offense

Since calls to the USA and Canada are free from a Telmex phone or a Mexican cell phone ......Why are you trying to call collect?

The card says to call the number collect. Since I am not using my own phone I do not want him to end up with charges. You are probably about right the no charge. The information on my CC is probably out of date.