Chapala.com Webboard

IMSS Taking Payments for May?

Hello Everyone!

Hope all the folks here are healthy and safe!

I've been gone from this web board for sometime and out of the loop.  Been stateside here in Washington since January of this year self-isolating.

Our IMSS Seguro in Jocotepec is due in May and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the IMSS office near the Central Viejo in Guad where we go to pay our yearly IMSS premium is open to the public or will be open in May for us to make a payment?  If not, how do we make our payments?

Thank you for whatever information you can provide.

pedro malo

Please. If you are anywhere other than here, stay put!

Thus far we are not in the middle of a crisis because of strong, positive actions by our Governor and Mayor. Everything non-essential is closed and no one was allowed into the area for Semana Santa. The roadblocks were very effective. All malecons are closed, all restaurants are closed except for take-out or delivery, all trails are closed, and most people are remaining in their homes as instructed. I do not see this magically changing on May 1st. 

The mayor has politely asked all Paisanos (people from the area living NOB) to NOT return home for their annual visits. He has also politely asked ALL extranjeros to NOT travel NOB and return to this area. That, my friend, would include that people already NOB remain there.

To give you an idea of what a tragedy this might become here, the regional hospital is PROUD to have 10-ventilators. TEN. For the entire population of the lake, both north and south shores. Guadalajara? The infection rate there is steadily climbing as is the death toll, so if any of the locals are looking there for medical care, best of luck.

I know this isn't the information you asked for, but you need to know that now is not the time to come here, especially from a country with one of the highest infection rates in the world, if not the highest. Queda en Su Casa- alli, no aqui.

• Sad 2

No we are not coming.  And do not need any lectures on how to behave here. All I asked for was for some information specific to the IMSS payment process at this time.  Our daughter has power of attorney to pay for us and we don't want to risk her health either traipsing around Guad unnecessarily to find out.  So again I ask, anyone that might have USEFUL information to please chime in.  Thanks again!

pm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, artsnob said:

Call Veronica or Lucy 331 109 5985 they just renewed mine, they are usually at LCS but it is all closed up.. I have been using them for ten years, never a problem..

Will do!  Thank you so much Art!  Wish there were more people like you on this board!

5 hours ago, pedro malo said:

No we are not coming.  And do not need any lectures on how to behave here. All I asked for was for some information specific to the IMSS payment process at this time.  Our daughter has power of attorney to pay for us and we don't want to risk her health either traipsing around Guad unnecessarily to find out.  So again I ask, anyone that might have USEFUL information to please chime in.  Thanks again!

pm

So your daughter is here, or will be. I was simply trying to help YOU by letting others know a little bit more, and maybe you too. If the fact that you lose your right to IMSS for two years if you miss the due date is not useful, well...

• Sad 1

My office has been doing renewals, Joco easy, Chapala office not so easy.

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2020 at 8:49 AM, Mostlylost said:

I was asking Spenser who indicated he was doing it in Chapala or Jocotopec.

I don't need to pay someone to go to GDL for me. 

I would also like Spencer to clarify his statement. Is this local payment only available to facilitators or the public?? Thanks

On 4/14/2020 at 5:57 AM, Mostlylost said:

Are you saying you no longer need to go to IMSS in GDL to renew?

Our experience has been, at least in Joco, that there is NO WAY nor IMSS office in Jocotepec where you can make the payment.  For the last 8 years we have been directed to the IMSS office in Guad that is near the Central Viejo to make our payments.  Usually full of people with no way to maintain social distancing.  I assume it is the same for Chapala, though it might be another office in Guad to pay for Chapala IMSS?

Spencer has a branch office in Guad and I imagine he'd have his people there make the payment.  

By the way, thank you for the offer Spencer.  Had I known you offered this service, I wouldn't have set this up with our daughter.  We are looking at some other options for now.

We did find out that the payment offices are OPEN at present but we're told to call again to make sure by May. 

Thank you again ibarra and artsnob for the contacts.  We were able to confirm as a result of the info you provided.  This is still a valuable forum with concerned and helpful individuals despite the blow hards that just want to hear their own voices.

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

I would also like Spencer to clarify his statement. Is this local payment only available to facilitators or the public?? Thanks

Yes Spenser can you clarify??  I have been renewing in GDL for 15 years. Sure would be great if you could do it at an IMSS location in Joco or Chapala