Chapala.com Webboard

My Needs

In times of stress and anxiety I find an unpleasant side of myself coming to the fore. I become excessively controlling and have the overwhelming need to have things exactly the way I want. I sometimes even become a scold. In order to alleviate these symptoms, please, I ask you people to listen up:

Grow up. Please. You are all bickering like children. I am too old to be fond of children. Except for Mexican kids, they're about the cutest people I've ever seen.

Please do not challenge me, my thinking process or my facts. No, do not. I know what you're thinking, but no.

This is a serious situation, do not make light of it. However, I do like a good joke. If you have one, please tell it in such a way that I do not feel guilty.

I want you to tell me how and where to buy my food, what masks I should wear,  and when; what personal habits and hobbies I should have; and what personality traits you find most appealing. And yet I do not.

I sense some protests coming my way now, but please remember number 2 above.

And while we're airing things out, I beg you, some of you people, learn how to spell.

And for God's sake, when you're in a grocery store, please wear a mask;  but above all do not cough directly on the shelf items! Yeah, gramps, you, talking to you.

Thank you for your time, I feel better already.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, econ man said:

In times of stress and anxiety I find an unpleasant side of myself coming to the fore. I become excessively controlling and have the overwhelming need to have things exactly the way I want. I sometimes even become a scold. In order to alleviate these symptoms, please, I ask you people to listen up:

Grow up. Please. You are all bickering like children. I am too old to be fond of children. Except for Mexican kids, they're about the cutest people I've ever seen.

Please do not challenge me, my thinking process or my facts. No, do not. I know what you're thinking, but no.

This is a serious situation, do not make light of it. However, I do like a good joke. If you have one, please tell it in such a way that I do not feel guilty.

I want you to tell me how and where to buy my food, what masks I should wear,  and when; what personal habits and hobbies I should have; and what personality traits you find most appealing. And yet I do not.

I sense some protests coming my way now, but please remember number 2 above.

And while we're airing things out, I beg you, some of you people, learn how to spell.

And for God's sake, when you're in a grocery store, please wear a mask;  but above all do not cough directly on the shelf items! Yeah, gramps, you, talking to you.

Thank you for your time, I feel better already.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Best post I have read on this board in a very long time.

• Like 4

Don't be too critical about spelling. I have been typing since I was 16. I think I got higher marks in University because I was the only one who submitted typed essays, etc. I got to the point where I could type as fast as my thoughts. That is using a professional keyboard. Now, I haven' t fired up my computer for over a year. I typically use my Kindle Fire Tablet, which uses a strange Amazon interface called Silk. The keyboard is small, hunt and peck. I find myself missing entire words in sentences. Much like my Spanish, ha ha. The Samsung Galaxy keyboard is even worse. The word spelling feature is also useless, as I often switch from Canadian and UK spelling to U.S. Interesting, many people, mostly young but including myself, cannot hand write in readable cursive script. All they, we know, is two thumbs, and a lot of abbreviations. Sorry about that.

23 hours ago, mkshawn said:

At 72 I still can not spell or sound out a word! Ottawa Ontario Elementary School Dyslexia?

There is hope for you, as I can still do that in four languages at 82 1/2. So, you have time left to study.  😉

I was tested by the Feds to study aka learn French! I was deemed totally unsuitable?? My son's the same, they kicked him out of French language classes at 6, unsuitable & disruptive?? Like Father Like son?? Except my Father spoke French till he was 16, duh!

When I return to NOB, Quebec It takes me 2 months to stop replying to French questions in Spanish? Likewise when we return here, I continue to reply in French??