Chapala.com Webboard

Costco Easter

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Whilst these stores maybe open...perhaps the challenge is to justify to the Traffic Checking Police why you are traveling and is it "essential" , my handiyman told me the Police in Joco are restricting travelers from East of SJC..Has anyone else heard that???

A good point.. but an even better point why would anyone go to Costco at this time ? 
From the reports I’ve read it’s very busy there with people lining up for an hour to get in.. There is nothing I would need that badly from Costco to make me go in these troubled times.. But I guess some people don’t fully understand what self isolating means...

3 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Whilst these stores maybe open...perhaps the challenge is to justify to the Traffic Checking Police why you are traveling and is it "essential" , my handiyman told me the Police in Joco are restricting travelers from East of SJC..Has anyone else heard that???

The checkpoints in Joco I have encountered have been in town.  I have not seen any checkpoints on the bypass.  If you thought you might have a problem then a CFE bill with address should help.  I think it is helpful if you are a wearing a mask. YMMV

9 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

A good point.. but an even better point why would anyone go to Costco at this time ? 
From the reports I’ve read it’s very busy there with people lining up for an hour to get in.. There is nothing I would need that badly from Costco to make me go in these troubled times.. But I guess some people don’t fully understand what self isolating means...

We went the beginning of the week and had no problem. You have to be smart and not go on days before the weekend. I usually try to go early in the morning and on Mondays and Tuesdays. As to why shop Costco, they have just about everything I need in one place and I can buy in quantities that mean I won't have to be going out more often. The times that I've had to shop locally (Soriana, Walmart) I've felt more vulnerable than I ever had at Costco. 

• Like 2

Agreed dcstroker...much safer in my point of view, better selection and no need to return for a long whille.   As for checkpoints the one going north into Guadalajara was extremely busy vs the one going south into Chapala where there was one car ahead of us.  Going north they wanted to know where we were going and talked about precautionary measures and they took our temperature.  Going south wanted to see some ID and proof of residence.

81FC2A1E-A56B-4041-9D39-1C9E932B67BF.jpeg

E77534A6-3417-4E3A-919A-C56686509799.jpeg

I'm in agreement with TelsZ4. There are many cases in GDL right now. Many people who could be carriers are not respecting govt guidelines. Going to GDL for shopping is a careless idea that could help bring the virus to lakeside. There is nothing in Costco that you can't live without.

Or possibly the expression "I'm dying for some...." could come true

Stay at home and help save lives.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

There is nothing in Costco that you can't live without.

I've yet learned to live without eating. I'd rather shop at Costco (Lopez Mateos) where there is less congestion, the store is cleaner, the company seems to care more for the health of the employees and customers and I can stock up on items so that I'm not going to the store every other day.

• Thanks 1

I had some people call yesterday, they wanted to come to my gallery after lunch,  I told no restaurants open and they would have to wear face masks,  I also told them about road blocks, they said don’t worry money talks, they never showed. At four I called them, they could not get past road block...Great...

• Like 7