Chapala.com Webboard

Accessing Capitalone 360 account

pdqpc

Hi, has anyone else needed a US phone number for verification to access your Capitalone 360 account? When I was here before my email was good enough for verification. Does anyone have a work around for this? (They won’t accept my MagicJack or Skype numbers).

YES ; months ago I struggled with this having to prove your identity with a code sent to a US phone number. Using your e-mail to receive the code apparently was not good enough. The constant abuse of this practice caused me to stop using "ALL" my Capitol One credit cards and I moved on to others. Another classic  example of driving off your customers. Good Luck; there  are other card companies out there.

the work around this is change your number in your card profile  to a number of a relative in the states and have them text you back the code to your  cell phone then enter the code. I did this for a while but stopped because I didn't want to be a nuisance to my daughter in the states. so I just stopped using capitol 1. This company really pissed me off.. the reason they got abusive was that they got hacked and they took it out on their customers. Sort of like an abusive cop that comes home; kicks his dog and beats his wife.--I will not be any body's dog. That's why I left communist California and migrated to Puerto Vallarta thirteen years.  Good Luck.

Apply for cards that have no foreign transaction fee. I'm using Bank of America Visa Travel card. you can check HSBC or City bank that merged with Banamex; which are more local ; but like most things in Mexico they can be pricy..   sign up with Credit Karma; they have lots of cards and you can keep track of your credit score--Good Luck !