Chapala.com Webboard

Paying electricity bill online

1 hour ago, kmetzger said:

Trying to pay my CFE bill online, but unsuccessful. Can anyone provide step by step help? I registered but can't figure out the next steps. https://app.cfe.mx/Aplicaciones/CCFE/Recibos/Consulta/login.aspx

If you can use Chrome as your web browser and it will translate to English,

From your link  Enter 

Nombre de usuario:  = user name

Contraseña:  = password

check the box Recordar mi contraseña. if you want the website to remember your info (don't do this on public computer)

Then click Entrar  = enter  Nextpage will be Estado de Cuenta  = account status

Click Pago en Linea   = pay online

Next page will be realiza tu pago = make your payment   

Click on the button Pagar = to pay

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Mostlylost. After going around in circles, I guess I'm finally on the page I need to be on. ¿Dónde pagar? I click on pago en linea and I'm lost again. Don't see "realiza tu pago."

2 hours ago, kmetzger said:

Trying to pay my CFE bill online, but unsuccessful. Can anyone provide step by step help? I registered but can't figure out the next steps. https://app.cfe.mx/Aplicaciones/CCFE/Recibos/Consulta/login.aspx

The CFE website (and CFEContigo, their app for one's cel phone) caused me big problems at the beginning of this week.  I finally called CFE for help.  I was advised, for starters, that the website and the app are not connected to one another.  The tech there advised me to delete the app from my cell and reinstall it.  I did, and was able to pay my bill instantly from my cel, as I have done for the last couple of years. 

CFE subsequently emailed me a new password for their website, which I have not yet used because I had just paid my bill this month using the app.

If you have a smart phone, I highly recommend the CFEContigo smart phone app, available at the APP store on your cel.  

17 minutes ago, kmetzger said:

Thank you, Mostlylost. After going around in circles, I guess I'm finally on the page I need to be on. ¿Dónde pagar? I click on pago en linea and I'm lost again. Don't see "realiza tu pago."

Do you have a balance?  If you don't it won't let you make an online payment.

I use UnDosTres.  They charge a small fee but it's much easier.

https://undostres.com.mx/

3 minutes ago, kmetzger said:

No balance. Also, the invoice is in my landlady's name. Not sure if that makes a difference. So I guess it's off to Oxxo. 

No balance?? Will OXXO take pre-pays (anticipados)?  They didn't used to as I recall. 

Just now, kmetzger said:

Not sure what is meant by balance. I have a CFE bill I want to pay. I've been paying CFE bills for 20 years at Walmart. 

To most, a balance is what you owe on that bill.  If you have a balance you can pay OXXO, Walmart, etc.  

16 minutes ago, EldonNova said:

It's much easier to just go to Oxxo and pay it there.  The CFE website is not user friendly.

Maybe it's easier for you to get in your car, drive to some business pay, and drive home than pay online in 1 minute thus saving time & gas??? 

No offence meant but.....as Mr Spock would say. "that is not logical"

The CFE website is very user friendly for many people.  It takes me 3 clicks  ....  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, EldonNova said:

It's much easier to just go to Oxxo and pay it there.  The CFE website is not user friendly.

In the face of the extreme importance to the entire community that we remain at home for an extended period of time, that people install and use the CFEContigo App on their smartphones.  

Don't have a smartphone? If ever there was a time that calls for this absolutely necessary tool, this is it. You cannot trust you'll have electricity or internet and if you get sick, how do you think you can get help (what little help might be available??) without a cell phone? No one should be running to OXXO or Walmart to pay bills and it troubles me that so many extranjeros simply don't or won't accept the fact that they need to plant their butts in their easy chairs and stay the F at home.

If you aren't concerned for your own life, please understand that your selfishness will send ripples outward. Oh, I highly recommend reading up on what the end of life with the pneumonia from this virus looks like. I wouldn't wish that death on anyone. Queda en Casa= Remain at Home!!

21 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Maybe it's easier for you to get in your car, drive to some business pay, and drive home than pay online in 1 minute thus saving time & gas??? 

No offence meant but.....as Mr Spock would say. "that is not logical"

The CFE website is very user friendly for many people.  It takes me 3 clicks  ....  

Absolutely!

I like the look and ease of UnoDosTres for Telmex, Telcel and CFE which are the only ones that I'm interested in knowing about. Before I sign up, my question, for those who use it, is whether I can pay with a FOREIGN credit card?

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

I like the look and ease of UnoDosTres for Telmex, Telcel and CFE which are the only ones that I'm interested in knowing about. Before I sign up, my question, for those who use it, is whether I can pay with a FOREIGN credit card?

I don't think so.  I use PayPal and it works just fine.

• Sad 1

On 4/10/2020 at 12:29 PM, FlyFree said:

Can the CFE bill be paid online using a US credit card?

Last time I tried I had to use my Mexican credit card as it never accepted the US cards. This is the last of the regularly need to pay accounts that won't accept a US credit card.  I will be happy when I can pay Hacienda taxes online. My experience is that companies are better off paying the 3% to use credit cards as it cuts down on the theft by employees. CFE has already had big problems with employees pocketing the payments several years ago. They weren't worried as all the employees were family. For a while there was no paying inside only to the machine.