Chapala.com Webboard

Guadalajara Reporter Online - FREE EDITION

Just received this message. Starting tomorrow, Friday Apri 10, 2020:

NOTICE: A FREE April 11 edition of the Guadalajara Reporter is now online at www.TheGuadalajaraReporter.Net. No need to log in or subscribe to read this week's virtual print edition or the online stories. Keeping you up to date on the COVID-19 coverage nationally regionally and locally.

TO ACCESS THE FULL PAPER, CLICK ON THE "VIRTUAL EDITION" to the right side of the page on the home page.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theguadalajarareporter/virtual/2020/apr/a11-2020/index.html

GUAD Reporter image2.JPG.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Yes, it does appear to take several seconds to show up. 

I see where the sign in issue appears: at the bottom of every article it says "Sign in or subscribe to view the complete article". Let me see if I can find out about that.

• Thanks 1

I had no problem loading it.  Click where it says ''click here''.   I hope they continue this free service after this weeks edition.  I know they need subscribers but, it is a kindness right now for those who are actually self isolating/distancing.

Okay, the newspaper staff is updating that problem. It was overlooked while they focused on the VIRTUAL EDITION, as pointed out by NLU. I've update my OP at the top of the page. If you are seeing last week's headlines, refresh the page. Get to the virtual edition directly here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theguadalajarareporter/virtual/2020/apr/a11-2020/index.html

And the paper is being provided free exactly for the reasons ibarra posted. No one is making any money offa this, advertisers are not interested, so the plan is to do this at least until the Easter season shutdown is over.

6 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Okay, the newspaper staff is updating that problem. It was overlooked while they focused on the VIRTUAL EDITION, as pointed out by NLU. I've update my OP at the top of the page. If you are seeing last week's headlines, refresh the page. Get to the virtual edition directly here:

And the paper is being provided free exactly for the reasons ibarra posted. No one is making any money offa this, advertisers are not interested, so the plan is to do this at least until the Easter season shutdown is over.

Looks like they got it fixed.  Only 12 pages long this week.