Chapala.com Webboard

Sad Easter days

Rony

Easter is the biggest Mexican holiday of the year, and it will be saddest ever... hardly any celebration and for a lot of Mexican families, less or no money on the table.  Remember our collection/distribition day, tomorrow, GOOD Friday, 11 am, at DIF Chapala.  We collect bags with ( in each bag ).  a kilo of dry beans, a big white loaf, 3 apples and Choki cookies.  No need for parking, drive by and hand it over to me (safe distancing, with my mask and gloves).
So far ( before actual collection day ), we have 90 gift bags for Chapala and 135 liters of high quality milk ( + 143 eggs ) for poor families in Santa Cruz.  My hope is to be able to help a few hundred families tomorrow.  See you tomorrow !  And thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rony said:

Easter is the biggest Mexican holiday of the year, and it will be saddest ever... hardly any celebration and for a lot of Mexican families, less or no money on the table.  Remember our collection/distribition day, tomorrow, GOOD Friday, 11 am, at DIF Chapala.  We collect bags with ( in each bag ).  a kilo of dry beans, a big white loaf, 3 apples and Choki cookies.  No need for parking, drive by and hand it over to me (safe distancing, with my mask and gloves).
So far ( before actual collection day ), we have 90 gift bags for Chapala and 135 liters of high quality milk ( + 143 eggs ) for poor families in Santa Cruz.  My hope is to be able to help a few hundred families tomorrow.  See you tomorrow !  And thank you

Yes, a sad time for what is usually a happy time.  I will help my Mexican family.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

What Hours?

Excuse my ignorance, but where is DIF  in chipala?

I am going to try to go to Walmart tomorrow morning has 0 8 0 0 When they open.

Will any other foods be ok?

It says 11 am at DIF in Chapala.

Rony originally said to stick to the items mentioned so every family will get the same. He will have to answer that question.

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

11am until when?

Nice

Only between 11 am and 11:15.

Around 12, Mexican needy people arrive ( the goodies that are brought in, need to go to them within the hour, sothat nothing gets "lost" in between ).

For this time, only above mentioned items in bags please ( there are only the 2 of us doing this and we cant start equally dividing a few hundred bags )

Rony