Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside medical group

I’m trying to find information about a new Lakeside  medical company that I read will register your  US Medicare account and arrange for direct billing in case of a medical emergency
I cannot remember the exact name so I cannot look it up on the web board.  I do recall reading that they billed at very high rate  Any information on this company and opinions both pro and con would be greatly appreciated

• Haha 1

Could it be the "Hospital San Antonio"? I think I saw a sign saying they can use your Medicare account to pay for the services.

I would check with Medicare in the US to see if they would accept a bill from a medical facility outside of  the US. I know people tried doing that at another medical facility down here several years back and found that they were not covered by Medicare down here.

I sure hope things have changed and that  I am wrong.

The new San Antonio Hospital has managed to secure coverage for a very wide variety of insurers. More than any Mexico hospital I have ever seen. Enter the lobby, and on the left is a sort of kiosk, keep going left and you will see a receptionist and two glass cubicles. They contain the people who can tell you if you are covered there. All speak English well. If not, they may suggest a coverage just for that hospital. Make up your own mind. I doubt if you will find anything for free, in the short term at least. It would be difficult for a newbie to access the Universal Healthcare system at this time.

The last time I checked, which was a couple of months ago, Medicare will not cover anything farther than 50 miles from the border or something like that.

Also, I understand that you may have to pay up front and then obtain help in filing with Medicare for reimbursement, but please do not count on reimbursement from everything I have seen And read. 

5 hours ago, johanson said:

Could it be the "Hospital San Antonio"? I think I saw a sign saying they can use your Medicare account to pay for the services.

I would check with Medicare in the US to see if they would accept a bill from a medical facility outside of  the US. I know people tried doing that at another medical facility down here several years back and found that they were not covered by Medicare down here.

I sure hope things have changed and that  I am wrong.

No they don´t Pete, you should know that, we have the same Dr.

I signed up at the SAT Hospital. It's not for Medicare, it's for private ins. like Blue Cross Blue Shield. I've used it for two simple visits, cost me 100 pesos per visit. I have a feeling that they're going to bill BC at a high rate but I don't know. Still wondering how it will work out.

5 hours ago, catbird said:

I signed up at the SAT Hospital. It's not for Medicare, it's for private ins. like Blue Cross Blue Shield. I've used it for two simple visits, cost me 100 pesos per visit. I have a feeling that they're going to bill BC at a high rate but I don't know. Still wondering how it will work out.

Hola Catbird!  I have to tell you I LOVE your ID foto.  Baby pandas are the cutest thing ever!  :)

We have been with Lakeside for years and never disappointed. We have been through stents, life threatening infections, bad cuts, blocked arteries and various surgeries. For us they have to apply to Medicare first and be turned down because we are foreign residents. Then they have to take that rejection to BC/BS and fight with them to get paid. This for everything and can take up to a year to get paid. I don't care what they charge! They deserve it!

The devil is in the detail or rather the type of Supplementary you have.....For example my wife coverage allows her to have "free" treatment no up front charges...my Supplementary only covers me for 60 days from leaving the USA

They have a very efficient lady who handles your supplementary insurance  coverage...Just take in your "card" and see what your coverage is...each person is different