Chapala.com Webboard

Avoid Lakeside

31 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Don't get me wrong, I support the improvements to the bike path, just wish the design and execution is better.  A decent, continuous bike path from Jocotepec to Chapala will get significant usage and is a worthwhile addition.  Attention needs to be paid to areas like from in front of Tobolandia to the east side of Laguna Mall though.  That is a no mans land for pedestrians and cyclists to cross right now.  Also I haven't been west of Juarez for a while, is anything being done about that missing segment there?  Extremely hazardous for bike path users as it was.  An effective bike and pedestrian path needs to be clearly delineated and protected as much as possible along its entire length.

I agree completely.  The Juarez problem I lived with when I lived up on the hill in Ajijic.  Between cars, bikes, motorcycles, walkers and cars parking I was within a foot of moving cars sometimes. South side a little better but not safe.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 7:34 PM, Mainecoons said:

Not personal at all, acknowledging superior skills in snark.  What would you say about the post I responded to?

Let me put it up here again since you must have missed it.  :D 

Mentioning me by name and laying on the snark.  I would suggest  you're pretty selective in your criticism.

Now if "39" or "41" would like to question or dispute the points I have raised about this project I would welcome that discussion.

My first post was nothing more than expressing my liking of and congratulations to the contributing entities that created the new highway and bicycle/pedestrian lane.  I MADE NO MENTION OF MAINECOONS OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM!

Four posts later he called me out BY NAME as having no background in engineering and how HE, with HIS BACKGROUND, EDUCATION/DEGREES, EXPERIENCE, whatever, could poke holes in all that I liked about it.

Now, I had only offered my personal opinion and claimed no expertise, and he is certainly entitled to an opinion, so why couldn´t he have do the the same without the arrogant, supercilious put down.

TO MAINCOONS...…...I don´t care what you like or don´t like, but I KNOW what I iike and I don´t need to discuss it with you. 

Sorry Maineccons, I´m not going to let you lie your way out of this (AGAIN), as being the victim.

• Like 1

And my opinion (again) is that this is an abomination awaiting multiple disasters. Also those pathetic little "stick" plants are certainly not going to help either. Road dividers should be constructed not as planters to impale meandering (for whatever reason) vehicles, but to deflect them away from a more dangerous outcome to body and property.  

7 hours ago, slainte39 said:

My first post was nothing more than expressing my liking of and congratulations to the contributing entities that created the new highway and bicycle/pedestrian lane.  I MADE NO MENTION OF MAINECOONS OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM!

Four posts later he called me out BY NAME as having no background in engineering and how HE, with HIS BACKGROUND, EDUCATION/DEGREES, EXPERIENCE, whatever, could poke holes in all that I liked about it.

Now, I had only offered my personal opinion and claimed no expertise, and he is certainly entitled to an opinion, so why couldn´t he have do the the same without the arrogant, supercilious put down.

TO MAINCOONS...…...I don´t care what you like or don´t like, but I KNOW what I iike and I don´t need to discuss it with you. 

Sorry Maineccons, I´m not going to let you lie your way out of this (AGAIN), as being the victim.

I'm sorry if you took it as a put down.  It wasn't intended.  My point was only that an engineering background is useful in understanding why this isn't a project worthy of congratulations and it was a general comment not aimed at you directly.  Here is that post you are complaining about, you are NOT mentioned by name in it:  Obviously I should have used "one" rather than "you."  I apologize if you took it personally.

Let me clarify that the visibility is nil when one is close to or along side of.  Bottom line though is they replaced effective and safe dividers of a design that is used and proven world wide with something that is neither.

One of the tenets of road engineering is the designer needs to understand and compensate for the weaknesses of the users, not magnify them.  

I think if you had an engineering background you would understand better how flawed this project is.

You have quite the tendency to attack people in person on this board and TOB and I am not the only recipient of your ire when someone disagrees with you or posts facts that disagree with your opinions.  This last post is a blatant example of that and it is time for you to learn how to disagree without being so damned disagreeable.  

Slainte is one of the most successful businessmen I know, with a wide and varying background in many things. He is extremely intelligent, and outside of this board I have never heard him being supercilious, rude, or thoughtless, or patronizing in any way. Take that however you want it, but DO NOT try to suggest he did something or said something to anyone on this board first to warrant that kind of response, because it's just BS.

• Like 3

OK, here's a little sample:

You planted a seed alright, a seed of disgust. A large group of you? That´s even scarier than CR .

Why don´t you have the same "moral standard" for using your real age???

Not surprising you would say that being a right wing ideologue. I´m no fan of Maduro either, but if they are doing something right, so be it.

Debating the political ramifications of the crisis with Mainecoons is a totally useless proposition. His ideas and philosophy are completely frozen and people like him are best just left to their own devices. 

You got it all figured out, don´t you Jim Bowie.

I´m sure Mostlylost is an "expert" on bad marriages.

You are telling this to someone " who knows it all " ?

I could go on for pages with similar examples.  Now shall we move on?

Just to add my two cents worth of info. I am about to drive down the main road through town (I can not spell Caratara) and I can not stand those very low concrete things. Why? Because when turning onto the main road I can't see the darn things.

And that is how smart I am not :)  And I am worried about hitting or bouncing onto one :( 

Wish me luck  :)

• Sad 1

CG I'm simply suggesting that his manner is not as you have described it.  "Moronic" is a value judgement that leads to charged, personal and uncivil posting.  Go back and read his latest and very personal attack on me starting with the incorrect claim I named him in it and see if you can figure out who is picking on who.  

Here's another excellent example.

So says the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of Improprieties. Where are the mods to delete these assholes? Being quiet "once" is not enough.

This is not a style of posting that is conducive to civil discussion and free exchange of ideas.  I'm committed to avoiding it personally and encouraging civil discourse here.  I was not always so committed but learned by example and observation that getting personal is both an indication one can't defend their ideas and also that it creates a rancor and division that damages the discourse.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1