Chapala.com Webboard

Avoid Lakeside

Today I had to come to a complete stop on the carretera because of the truck watering the new plants in the hideous bike path dividers. Then I had to make an illegal pass over the solid yellow line to pass it. Why would anyone want to live here ?!

Have a great weekend everyone

EDIT

lighten up folks,       if it wasn't OBVIOUS before...stopping for a water truck is not any inconvenience at all, the dividers look great and even if these two things were bad they would not be a reason not to live here... Just posting an anti "avoid" thread with sarcasm that used silly complaints.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I suspect that, much like the flowers planted along the highway from the airport to Guad when the G8 (whatever the number was), watering will be curtailed very soon. Too much work, too much money. A stupid idea. Worse than stupid.

Yes, imagine coming to a full stop on the carretera in La FLoresta and crossing the yellow double line in Mexico.. what a problem¡¡ I hope he or she never come to Chiapas where we have to come to a full stop at topes and take that oportunity to cross the yellow line to pass the slow traffic..😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

I suspect the OP was intended to be sarcastic, in the vein of "First Worlders' Problems".

Wow, you are the only seeing the obvious attempt  at mocking the avoidajijijc thread, oh well

lighten up folks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ea93105 said:

Wow, you are the only seeing the obvious attempt  at mocking the avoidajijijc thread, oh well

lighten up folks

Sarcasm fail on your part. It happens to the best of us. Sarcasm is tough under the best of circumstances. And, these are far from the best of circumstances.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Xena said:

Sarcasm fail on your part. It happens to the best of us. Sarcasm is tough under the best of circumstances. And, these are far from the best of circumstances.

I'll be sure to take a course on sarcasm to improve.....  :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ea93105 said:

I'll be sure to take a course on sarcasm to improve.....  :)

We all can improve. I personally find sarcasm becoming more and more difficult as reality becomes more and more bizarre. Maybe there should be a sarcasm font.

53 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I am still wondering where and when I can make a Left turn or over take  without crossing the solid yellow line  that runs from Chapala to Joco...Who in the world comes up with these ideas...sometimes you have to think it was a project given to a Kinder Class..we have a Black background, lets paint a line down the middle..What color, Yellow...I give up

I for one, think the new highway project and concrete barrier planters look fantastic.  Today they planted tress through SAT and La Floresta.  If they do as well as the palmas have done along the Carretera in SAT, it is going to be beautiful.  I sometimes, actually many times, think the negative nellies hope for failure so they can keep up and on with their incessant complaining and whining.

Some things here succeed and some don´t, I´m just happy and thankful for the ones that do, and wonder why people who constantly complain even want to live here.  There must many places in the world that don´t have "ugly concrete dividers", "no maintenance", "nobody to water plants" and all the other terrible faults of this area.

I know if I felt the way so many do living here that I would looking for new stomping grounds.

But then if they moved to "Utopia", there wouldn´t be anything to complain about, and that would take all the joy out of life…...;)  Could things be better? they always can, so that´s why I enjoy what there is and say to myself "that´s pretty damn nice" with a smile on my face and quit thinking about what could of,  should of, would of,  have been done.

¡ Felicidades to the engineering, architectural, and construction people for a job well done on the highway project.  It certainly is a pleasure to drive on and is a huge improvement, (IMHO), for the area.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, slainte39 said:

¡ Felicidades to the engineering, architectural, and construction people for a job well done on the highway project.  It certainly is a pleasure to drive on and is a huge improvement, (IMHO), for the area.

I have a front row seat for all this WONDERFUL work that you speak of. What I am watching still, on a daily basis  can be compared to a Keystone Cops movie multiplied by 10. I'm referring to all of it:sidewalks,bike trail and road. I  wonder what kind of material the road is because there is no new base ,just the old,pot holes and all and it is only about 2 inches thick. I cannot agree with you more as to the workers getting praise[I buy them cokes] for working in this heat sometimes until well after dark, but watching the others  the designs and all the head scratching  by these alleged professionals at the collapse of the road and the new lake side pit. near the INM office yet to be repaired. Ripping things up 2 to 4 times and then the redo doesn't work anyway most of the time getting the same faulty result.

pedro kertesz

keystone cops movie.gif

• Like 3

I suppose if one has no background in design and construction of roads and barriers one might reach slainte''s conclusion.  However if one does, one notices things like:

1.  After milling and before paving deeper potholes not fixed.  These will be weak spots and early failure points.

2.  Surface inadequately cleaned before repaving.

3.  Adhensive layer totally inadequate.

4.  New paving poor quality material and too thin.

5.  Barriers invite accidents due to lack of visibility and low spots in the middle.  We've already had a number of accidents with vehicles getting hung up on them.  

6.  Nothing is going to live for long in those shallow planter boxes.  Is someone really going to water this stuff for 8 months per year?  Really??

7.  Maintenance?  I direct one's attention to the thousands of unrepaired pot holes in Ajijic and the total lack of any street repair in Riberas.  You can draw your own conclusions.

These deficiencies will lead to early failure during the rainy season.  Watch and learn.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, phil in mexico said:

A sidewalk would have been nice, just a friggen  nice sidewalk!

counted 18 pedestrians and  9 bicyclists on the "path" this morning, plenty of room for all non motorized traffic. 

I got stuck behind the dreaded watering truck, but not for long, as guys were out directing us around. What struck me, though: I don't know what kind of trees they put in, but even the slowest growing is going to have roots that break apart that concrete within a few years.