Chapala.com Webboard

Cigars

Not really. La Paz was the only place I could find with variety and price. Tiny store in Plaza beside Black n White coffee shop sells some but more expensive. They might sell some if you knocked on their door as they live in behind. I’m back in Canada now just finishing up my quarantine and smoked my last one yesterday. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

On 4/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, happyjillin said:

I have always bought them at Paz. I have enough for about 20 days. Is there somewhere else that sells them that isn't closed?

You shouldn't be smoking anyway!Β  Take SunFan's advice and make use of forced "opportunity" to change your ways.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Natasha said:

You shouldn't be smoking anyway!Β  Take SunFan's advice and make use of forced "opportunity" to change your ways.

Pretty condescending, wouldn't you say?Β  If he wants to die from not being able to breathe, who are you to want to stop him.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

Pretty condescending, wouldn't you say?Β  If he wants to die from not being able to breathe, who are you to want to stop him.

Not everyone who smokes dies of smoking-related illness. Not everyone who doesn’t smoke is otherwise healthy. As that cute talking dog says in the meme, β€œKeep your nose on your own face.” 

• Like 2

I am almost 77 years old. I quite smoking cigarettes, which I had been doing since the age of 13,Β  cold turkey about 9 years ago 3 days before my first 4 stents. about 4 years ago we went to Havana and on my bucket list was to smoke a fine Cuban Cigar and drink a Mojito in a bar that Hemingway frequented. The flavour is a pleasure and one does not inhale so the affect on ones lungs is probably less then breathing Guadalajara air. My blood/oxygen level runs between 92-98%. I only light up in the afternoon and evening with 1 cigar/day. it goes really well with a shot of Oaxaca MezcalΒ  or a Reposada Tequila mixed with water and a piece of lime from our tree. Cigars ain't going to kill me Yo1 and Natasha do you nag your partner? I am not he and quite frankly I don't nag strangers.

Here I am in Havana joyfully indulging at our wonderful hotel bar.

pedro kertesz

cuba 013.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

about 4 years ago we went to Havana and on my bucket list was to smoke a fine Cuban Cigar and drink a Mojito in a bar that Hemingway frequented.Β .

pedro kertesz

Β 

Ah Havana. That was my downfall four years ago as well.Β After 30 years without cigars I fell victim to one of those incredibly beautiful hostesses in the lobby bar at the Iberostar hotel. They light the cigar expertly with a match and pass it to you to enjoy with your mohito or cuba libre.

SunFan

Seek and thou shalt find!!!! Pablo has a puro shop in that fancy new boutique hotel beside Spencer's office on Hidalgo. His son makes them by hand in Veracruz. I am smoking one as we speak. Right now the shop is closed but he managed to get through the road block and delivered them to mi casa all the way from Zapopan. He also has cigar cutters. Minimum order for delivery is 2 boxes of 5 for $500 pesos each. I got 4 different kinds to try. 2 torpedos and 2 Churchills in shape.

pedro kertesz

puros cigars.jpg

My favorite "puro" story was when I was getting gas at the Pemex on the West end of Joco.Β  Β An expat rolled into the station at the next pump.Β  In his Spanglish accent, he asked the attendant and me,. " Donde puedo comprar las putas?"

We both busted out laughing and pointed to El Chivis centro botanero across the road.Β  Later we figured out he meant "puros."

• Haha 1

I knew what the bad word meant, but being a non smoker, I had to look up the word, puro..Β Β  I learned that it means "cigar".Β  And I thought that I kind of sort of speak Spanish. :)Β  I have much to learn.

19 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Minimum order for delivery is 2 boxes of 5 for $500 pesos each. I got 4 different kinds to try. 2 torpedos and 2 Churchills in shape.

pedro kertesz

Β 

They should be good for 100 pesos apiece.

SunFan

44 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Excellent puros! I couldn't resist starting a second one. As long as I can get these,no more Paz and I hope Pablo can reopen the store in Chapala again. I forgot to mention that he also carries imports from Cuba,Honduras,etc.

cigars pablo.jpg

Well they sure are pretty.Β  How do they smoke?Β Β 

59 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Want to split an order?Β  I'd like to give these a try with my son.

Β 

Between my 4 boxes fromΒ  Pablo and a box of 15 Te-amos, I have a 35 day supply. Give the guy a break and buy 10 for $1000 pesos delivered from Zapopan. I'm sure you'll like his blends. When he delivered to me he brought all different ones for me to select .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, happyjillin said:

Seek and thou shalt find!!!! Pablo has a puro shop in that fancy new boutique hotel beside Spencer's office on Hidalgo. His son makes them by hand in Veracruz. I am smoking one as we speak. Right now the shop is closed but he managed to get through the road block and delivered them to mi casa all the way from Zapopan. He also has cigar cutters. Minimum order for delivery is 2 boxes of 5 for $500 pesos each. I got 4 different kinds to try. 2 torpedos and 2 Churchills in shape.

pedro kertesz

puros cigars.jpg

I ordered 5 boxes of 5 each for this week. Anybody else.I had 4 different churchills of these fine puros and they were all excellent,smooth right down to the nub!