Chapala.com Webboard

Masks for busses and planes

ea93105

I don't understand why governments including Mexico haven't made it priority #1 to produce N95 masks in sufficient quantity so that every person getting on a bus or plane is handed a mask for mandatory wearing and they can keep the mask. How hard can it be to produce these masks even for Mexico?? It's not like making a TV or something.

Confined seating on busses and planes makes correct distancing pretty much impossible (especially with circulating air in a enclosed space ).

May not prevent 100% chance of transmission but sure would go a long way and cost benefit would be huge

• Like 1

I'm aware of the shortage .Why not start a manufacturing plant right now? If it's made a top priority I'm sure they could be produced quickly. Relying on existing manufacturing is not enough. Pretty simple thing to make seems to me and could put a lot of people to work. I think the hard part is probably the N95 filter element. Hell of a lot easier than building respirators

If they are going to continue busses and flights.....

And yes of course the medical workers should be the first to receive any masks.  After that masks should be directed to where people are almost forced together to have maximum effect....churches should be handing them out as well although they can distance people inside to a degree

5 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

There are some who see a problem and respond positively, others who stay frozen in place like a deer caught in headlights

Then there are those who see a problem as they sit in chairs in front of their computers and manufacture fantasy solutions that SOMEONE should implement. No matter how ignorant they may be about the entire problem and how unrealistic their fantasy solution is they will still be congratulated by some as having offered a positive response. 

• Like 2

Just now, Xena said:

Then there are those who see a problem as they sit in chairs in front of their computers and manufacture fantasy solutions that SOMEONE should implement. No matter how ignorant they may be about the entire problem and how unrealistic their fantasy solution is they will still be congratulated by some as having offered a positive response. 

I guess that includes us both, thanking for sharing this moment in time together

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Yeah, like ordering "SOME ONE" to start a manufacturing plant "right now"......:D

Right on.

Anyone can manufacture basic cloth masks.There are only a few companies in the world that are able to make masks certified N95. If you have seen the assembly line it is easy to understand

• Like 1

ea93105 yes your ides is good lets give good masks to people who travel AFTER the health workers receuve their share... The problem is that there is nothng left after the health workers, they do not receive enough masks so ther is nothing left for annyone else. You must have missed the articles in Spanish of the doctors from IMSS compalining about the lack of masks gloves and protective equipment..

Travelling is a luxury right now and I would rather see the health workers protected and people who have to be in contact with other s than the travellers..who should not be travelling to start with.

• Like 3