Chapala.com Webboard

Tianguis to Re-Open

Posted an hour ago by Chapala Government Facebook

· 1 hr · 

Aviso importante ⚠️
Los comerciantes de los tianguis del municipio de Chapala, que realicen única y exclusivamente actividades esenciales, como aquellos puestos que vendan alimentos, bebidas y productos de necesidades básicas, podrán reanudar la operación de sus comercios en los lugares, días y horarios habituales.
Cabe destacar que deberán seguir los protocolos de higiene recomendados por la Secretaría de Salud para la prevención del #coronavirus, como son, sanitizar y desinfectar, así como reducir la cantidad de personas que operan en las áreas respectivas.

tianguisopen.jpg

Let’s see now  social distancing at the Tianguis...possible....but doubtful   let’s open it ...stupid .  .Malecon ...social distancing easy peasy ...,let’s shut it down ..also stupid... Sunday.  Easter church services....what’s the bet...three for three .....?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I agree buses are not good but how do the essential workers get to work ?

wish I knew the answer

Its an almost impossible situation  but maybe a stronger shut down is needed, time will tell

I read the translation and I took it to mean the food, etc vendors along Madero, not the Monday tianguis but perhaps it means the mercado ....

"The merchants of the tianguis in the municipality of Chapala, who carry out only and exclusively essential activities, such as those stalls that sell food, beverages and basic necessities products, may resume the operation of their shops in the usual places, days and times.
It should be noted that they must follow the hygiene protocols recommended by the Ministry of Health for the prevention of #coronavirus, such as sanitizing and disinfecting, as well as reducing the number of people who operate in the respective areas."

• Thanks 1

Well I hate to say it because we are very fond of our food merchants at the Wednesday tianquis but there is absolutely no way you can distance in that setting and going there is seriously foolish until such time as this thing begins to wind down.  It is still in the increasing phase.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/transmission-of-coronavirus-accelerates/

Stay away.  This community is particularly at risk because of the age and infirmities of so many of us.  This is an incredibly stupid move by the Chapala government.  And some of you wonder why I'm so critical of them.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Many (mostly Mexicans) have posted dissatisfaction with this decision to reopen the Ajijic and Chapala tianguis at the Chapala FB page.  Other readers here may want to post there.

For those worried about their Spanish skills, remember that the word NO! is the same in both languages.  

Here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/GobiernoDeChapala/posts/

13 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

This is an incredibly stupid move by the Chapala government.   

That's an understatement and especially after reading the link Mainecoons posted. They know the virus is ramping up so what do they do, its kinda like lets pour more fuel on an out of control fire.

Because when I was a firefighter/EMT how people cross contaminate was preached to us and not to become a victim. All its going to take is that one person that picked up the virus that has not utilized proper sanitization protocols to go to the tianguis and start touching all the tomatoes, onions etc etc and put them back cause it wasn't what they wanted only to have 10 other people do the same thing all over again.  

91624250_1080501675663067_4673210200876908544_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The Ajijic Tianguis is much smaller today,  almost only the fruit and veggie stands at the bottom.no chicken, fish, floral, souvenirs, batteries, cosmetics, etc etc etc.  one taco stand open as of 9.     No sit down tables.  So we wish for no Tianguis temporarily, but I felt somewhat better at the current size.   The real measure will be how many people jam in around 10-2pm during the peak.

On 4/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, ragtopman said:

That's an understatement and especially after reading the link Mainecoons posted. They know the virus is ramping up so what do they do, its kinda like lets pour more fuel on an out of control fire.

Because when I was a firefighter/EMT how people cross contaminate was preached to us and not to become a victim. All its going to take is that one person that picked up the virus that has not utilized proper sanitization protocols to go to the tianguis and start touching all the tomatoes, onions etc etc and put them back cause it wasn't what they wanted only to have 10 other people do the same thing all over again.  

91624250_1080501675663067_4673210200876908544_n.jpg

Great post! Thank you...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Guiness said:

We should all be outraged by the mayor's decision to open this at all!!

Very very concerning for us all!

Agreed.  Sends this (bad) message:  "Oh the tianguis was closed for 2 weeks, but they re-opened it, so things must be OK now, we can go back to normal."