Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside Firestick users

4 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Can you explain why the 4K is necessary?  

The fire stick 4K is the latest tech and faster. The other fire stick is 5 year old tech. Both work. The 4K just works better and worth the extra money.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SoxFan said:

The fire stick 4K is the latest tech and faster. The other fire stick is 5 year old tech. Both work. The 4K just works better and worth the extra money.

The difference in performance is substantial better for a very small difference in cost.

3 hours ago, vetteforron said:

I got one of Derek not long before he passed. I guess if the box does not say 4k I must have the old one?

Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Vs Amazon Fire TV Stick: The six major ...

Easiest way to tell is by the logo on the remote and stick. The old stick says Amazon on it. 

• Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 9:16 PM, SoxFan said:

Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Vs Amazon Fire TV Stick: The six major ...

Easiest way to tell is by the logo on the remote and stick. The old stick says Amazon on it. 

The newer model 4k is a voice remote, having a microphone button on the top of the remote. I have been on several service calls from the sticks derek sold. In some cases he didn't leave the option to update the firestick by restricting access to downloading newer and better apps . In those cases I have had to do a complete re programming for a small fee. The programming I do takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete with all the apps I install as well as all the settings changes that are needed to fine tune the stick and each individual app to obtain peak performance against buffering issues. The same service I supply when I have inventory to sell the 4k. Upon delivery with the sale or re programming I spend on average 1 hour with you instructing you on the complete use of the stick and daily maintenance you can do to help prevent buffering. If issues you have down the road come up I will try to talk you through over the phone or if needed i make house calls at no charge ( tips very much appreciated ) but i don't charge you for house calls.

1 hour ago, Rich Richie said:

The newer model 4k is a voice remote, having a microphone button on the top of the remote. I have been on several service calls from the sticks derek sold. In some cases he didn't leave the option to update the firestick by restricting access to downloading newer and better apps . In those cases I have had to do a complete re programming for a small fee. The programming I do takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete with all the apps I install as well as all the settings changes that are needed to fine tune the stick and each individual app to obtain peak performance against buffering issues. The same service I supply when I have inventory to sell the 4k. Upon delivery with the sale or re programming I spend on average 1 hour with you instructing you on the complete use of the stick and daily maintenance you can do to help prevent buffering. If issues you have down the road come up I will try to talk you through over the phone or if needed i make house calls at no charge ( tips very much appreciated ) but i don't charge you for house calls.

Rich, I have the 4K, and am using it, but not to its full potential. I would like to hire you to program, add apps, and teach me! Are you available?