Chapala.com Webboard

MONDAY MARKET OPEN?

56 minutes ago, gringal said:

The Tuesday Market is apparently open in Chapala.  Anyone know if the Monday market in Riberas is going to be open?

If you're talking Tues. only market, there is no such thing in the town of Chapala but there is a 7day/week mercado and plenty of shops around it including the popular Cremeria.

I'm talking about the announcement on this board referring to a Tuesday market in Chapala.  I thought at the time that they probably meant the one in West Ajijic.  Apparently that's the case.  Now, about that Monday market in the restaurant in Riberas?

3 minutes ago, gringal said:

I'm talking about the announcement on this board referring to a Tuesday market in Chapala.  I thought at the time that they probably meant the one in West Ajijic.  Apparently that's the case.  Now, about that Monday market in the restaurant in Riberas?

If there is such a market in Riberas,have you actually been there?

16 minutes ago, glws7777 said:

last week the monday Riberas market was closed until further notice.

There was an announcement since then that those events could take place, which is why I am asking the question.  The one I speak of is held in the Sunrise restaurant and I have been there regularly to buy kefir.

3 minutes ago, gringal said:

There was an announcement since then that those events could take place, which is why I am asking the question.  The one I speak of is held in the Sunrise restaurant and I have been there regularly to buy kefir.

It's in SAT not Riberas as computerguy stated.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, artsnob said:

Call Deena she will bring it to you..

Trying to remember if this is the wife of the Canadian who makes the home made peanut butter as well? Since that couple also sold kefir as well in the Tuesday market (in West Ajijic).

If so, the number to order is 33 1531 1110

Good one Johanson. That reminded me of maybe 6 months ago I was headed in to Chapala from the Libriamento and there is a crematory on the right hand side which was in "full operation". Unfortunately the wind was carrying the "smoke" all over the highway. So I told the person with me that darn now I have someones relative all over the windshield....

11 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Trying to remember if this is the wife of the Canadian who makes the home made peanut butter as well? Since that couple also sold kefir as well in the Tuesday market (in West Ajijic).

If so, the number to order is 33 1531 1110

No, this is Deena Hafker who sells the kefir as well as some organic vegetables.  She delivered to people last week, but if the market was going to be open, that wouldn't be necessary.

For Pedro:  Anyone who patronizes that market knows right where it is.  Since no one seems to have a definitive answer, I think that asking the question was probably pointless in the first place, so I'll crawl back into my home shelter and hide.  🙃

I wrote Deena Hafker (the person I buy the kefir from) and she replied:

"Myself, selling organic veggies, honey, kefir, and Martine, who sells quiches and chicken pot pies, will be in front of Sunrise from 10 to 12:00 Monday doing our thing. "

I don't know if anyone else will be out there tomorrow.

1 hour ago, gringal said:

I wrote Deena Hafker (the person I buy the kefir from) and she replied:

"Myself, selling organic veggies, honey, kefir, and Martine, who sells quiches and chicken pot pies, will be in front of Sunrise from 10 to 12:00 Monday doing our thing. "

I don't know if anyone else will be out there tomorrow

I wonder how many of these vendors will have "exposed" themselves to possible " carriers " before coming

On 4/5/2020 at 11:53 AM, gringal said:

Hey kiddo...Kefir is sooooo easy to make ...just need to find the grains.

14 hours ago, Cookie said:

Hey kiddo...Kefir is sooooo easy to make ...just need to find the grains.

...as are many other things, but not only am I spending enough time on kitchen duty these days, I would have missed buying the outstanding chicken pot pies Martine was selling.  I haven't had one that good since who knows when.  Full of chicken instead of runny goo, and a great crust, too...made for a fine lunch.😉