Chapala.com Webboard

How to put web browser on Smart TV?

Good morning, hope you're all staying safe and healthy.  With so much time at home, trying to figure out how to get a web browser on my Smart TV so I can download the ZOOM App.  Does anyone have experience with this could help me (via phone) accomplish this task?

I've tried several YouTube videos, but none that I can find address this particular issue.

Thanks, in advance, if someone can give guidance.

Val Jones  :)

Are you using Zoom on  your phone or a laptop? Windows 7 does not have "casting" capabilities but Windows 10 does. And "casting" or "mirroring" from a phone is also a possibility but only if your phone has the capability.

Variables are many so what are using Zoom on now and which smart TV do you have?

Only Sony, Sharp and Philips use Android for their "smarts"; so they are the only ones that might take a Zoom app.

All Smart TVs come with a basic browser app. However, on mine for example, it is almost impossible to use the remote control "mouse" to click on the right links; and in the end, you cannot install an app that way on a TV anyway. It has to be from the TV's app settings. And, as Curmudgeon points out, you won't have a camera on the TV, so castng from your cell phone is really the only way to go if you are looking to get Zoom on a large screen other than a computer.