Chapala.com Webboard
traderspoc

found kia 2016 ex v6

3 hours ago, conejorapido said:

Speaking from experience, if you are looking for seat comfort on long trips, the Mazda CX5 doesn't cut it. We traded ours for that specific reason.

What Di you end up going with?

20 hours ago, traderspoc said:

can this spare tire kit  be bought locally

I'm not sure.  They were very responsive when I contacted them through their web page my guess is they'll have a quick answer for you.  They might ship it here.  Won't be cheap though.  If we go that route plan on picking up in Las Cruces NM where we store our RV.

You might want to encourage them to sell down here if not already.  There are a slew of both GLCs and X3s in this area.  The guys selling them admit the tires are a real problem that cause people to sell the cars.

19 hours ago, conejorapido said:

Speaking from experience, if you are looking for seat comfort on long trips, the Mazda CX5 doesn't cut it. We traded ours for that specific reason.

I was afraid of that, they just seem a bit small and hard.  That is my gripe about the CRV too, not so much hard but small.

What did you end up with?

Does Toyota sell the Highlander in Mexico?

9 hours ago, conejorapido said:

acura RDX

I didn't like the seats in that one much either.  I am really partial to American seats.  The ones in the Ford Edge fit me perfect.

Otherwise, really liked the RDX.  An excellent choice.

I have been a Merc driver for years.    To me the feel of the the Merc, the BMW and Audi can’t be replicated in the Toyotas and Hondas. Mazdas etc.    I don’t like run flats, no spare and if you put one in no trunk space.   BMW has more gadgets, more than I can figure out.    I did see thar S&S has a top of the line 2018 Audi Q2 with like 8000 km and still under warranty.   That might be worth checking out MC and Traderspoc.   

I did find someone in the U.S. making compact spare tire kits for these cars.  Not cheap, nearly $500 delivered but it sure beats driving around with no back up.  I've seen too many reports of people having to have their cars towed because of a flat to think no spare is a good idea.  Particularly in Mexico where you won't find replacement tires on every corner.