Chapala.com Webboard

Worth sharing?

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

I'm not sure how wearing gloves at a store works... if those gloves touch it once, they just pass it off to every other package. No different than bare hands. So are they only good for protecting yourself? And when do you take the gloves off... before you take your mask off? After you take your mask off?

What I did when I went out the other day and wore mask and gloves every time I entered a store was to first unload my purchases into a part of the car not near the driver's seat, then remove the gloves, carefully not touching the outside of my gloved hand with the now ungloved hand, then unhooked the mask by hooking a finger under the elastic holding the mask on and slipped it off. Both the mask and gloves went into a bag I had brought for that purpose. Then I washed my hands well with the soap and water I had brought with me and used one of the clorox wipes I had brought long to wipe down the door handles I had touched when unloading the groceries. 

I had enough masks and gloves with me to don fresh ones every time I went in a store. I really thought a lot about what I was doing as far as the order and way to do it so as to not unwittingly contaminate anything, but it's hard to wrap your mind around unless you're a health professional, which I'm not, and trained in these things.

Wearing the gloves made me aware not to touch my face or any other part of my body, even though I had a mask on. Of course everything I touched when I had them on was theoretically contaminated. The point was that I could take them off after I had unloaded everything, so I wasn't touching anything in my car with contaminated hands, including the soap and the water jug I'd brought along. The hand washing was just a double precaution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Good on ya. And phew.

Yeah, and that was just a part of the whole operation. When I got home, I got my wheelbarrow, loaded everything I'd bought into it, leaving the non-perishables I didn't need to use for several days in the car, then spent a good half hour wiping down the outside of all packaging with a bleach solution, and washing all the fruit and veggies with soap and water, then bleaching down the surfaces where I had put the items down in the first place. The bags I had put all the groceries in, including the cooler bag, then went outside to sit in the sun until the next time I need to go shopping, which shouldn't be for a week or more, by which time, if there was any virus on anything, it would be inactive. Then I washed the masks and gloves with soap and water and also hung them outside in the sun.

It's definitely all quite time-consuming and mind boggling.

16 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

I wasn't lashing out   sorry if you took it that way.  We all can find a way to stay home more. 

It is very easy..  Go to https://www.mitelcel.com/mitelcel/login     Open an account. If you don't understand Spanish use Chrome as your browser and it will translate. Then you can add time to an Amigo plan  or if you have a normal monthly billing plan pay your factura.   Mitelcel will accept any Visa or Mastercard doesn't matter the country of issue.

Much appreciated, see you learn something new everyday! Thank you

• Like 1