Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Empty Hospitals


Recommended Posts

Careful, CBS got caught using photos from Italian hospitals as from NYC.  

https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/cbs-admits-to-using-footage-from-italy-in-report-about-nyc/

Sometimes I think there are as many opinions as corona viruses.  Use masks.  Don't use masks.  Stay 6 feet away.  Not near far enough.  And so on.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To paraphrase Edgar aAllan Poe, Believe half of what you see, less than what you read on the news, and nothing from Facebook.

Numbers are often made up to prove what the provider says.  Truth is that 85% of statistics people quote are not true, intentionally or by mistake of belief.

I go with the CDC, WHO and Mayo Clinic.

"Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

My favorite, that might be true, is that Trump wanted his name to be on stimulus checks. This was alleged in the WSJ as having come from an unnamed inside source. Personally, I don't doubt it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

To paraphrase Edgar aAllan Poe, Believe half of what you see, less than what you read on the news, and nothing from Facebook.

Numbers are often made up to prove what the provider says.  Truth is that 85% of statistics people quote are not true, intentionally or by mistake of belief.

I go with the CDC, WHO and Mayo Clinic.

"Hi, I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

My favorite, that might be true, is that Trump wanted his name to be on stimulus checks. This was alleged in the WSJ as having come from an unnamed inside source. Personally, I don't doubt it.

 

Eric I personally doubt it. I don't recall any president' signature being on a government even by auto-pen. I don't think it will start now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, geeser said:

Eric I personally doubt it. I don't recall any president' signature being on a government even by auto-pen. I don't think it will start now. 

I agree, the story I read says President Trump WANTED his name as the signer on the checks. This I believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe this will shed LIGHT on the hospital situation in each state. Check which states are prepared for emergencies and who fall behind. Some that are a little short on ICU easily have enough to cover with other beds they can convert, in several cases, so are not short at all.

See a pattern, or not?

 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections?fbclid=IwAR1LkiC25CT3YpAwPK24m_bNWg-dZ2aKq2XAFIEhh1x7SbCCtrOCZ2NhYNk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hud said:

Maybe this will shed LIGHT on the hospital situation in each state. Check which states are prepared for emergencies and who fall behind. Some that are a little short on ICU easily have enough to cover with other beds they can convert, in several cases, so are not short at all.

See a pattern, or not?

 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections?fbclid=IwAR1LkiC25CT3YpAwPK24m_bNWg-dZ2aKq2XAFIEhh1x7SbCCtrOCZ2NhYNk

The pattern I see is chaos.  What is the pattern you see?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tripped over this quote on a weather channel about the upcoming hurricane season. Don't know the author and can't find the quote reference, but I thought it remarkably astute thinking.

Quote

"Having some states locked down and some states not locked down, is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool."

- Joseph Parker

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In our small town in Ontario, they have being trying to keep as many beds open as possible to be prepared for the onslaught. My 93 year old Aunt was diagnosed as needing a pace maker about 3 weeks ago, which is day surgery, normally it would have been scheduled within a week, but they've cancelled all elective/non-emergency surgery. Another friend's hip replacement was cancelled. Our emergency rooms aren't as busy as normal YET. not as many car accidents, kids aren't playing sports so not as many broken arms, I know one horse crazy family who aren't riding at all, just in case they get thrown. At our (still relatively small) regional hospital they are converting a sports complex (mostly a hockey arena) into an 80 bed hospital annex. We know this is coming, I hope we don't need then extra 80 beds, but I'd rather be overly cautious and prepared.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I agree, the story I read says President Trump WANTED his name as the signer on the checks. This I believe.

Then you need to be careful of where you get your news. President Trump knows how government works. If you understand aw well then you know that all spending bills originate in the House Representatives. Checks are not signed by the President. Does the president sign your social security check? Your use of the word "WANTED" to sign means there is NO source for this lie. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, geeser said:

Then you need to be careful of where you get your news. President Trump knows how government works. If you understand aw well then you know that all spending bills originate in the House Representatives. Checks are not signed by the President. Does the president sign your social security check? Your use of the word "WANTED" to sign means there is NO source for this lie. 

Have you noticed that everyone who stands at the podium with the president spends the first 2 minutes giving effusive comments about the president?  All this is not a coincidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ferret said:

I tripped over this quote on a weather channel about the upcoming hurricane season. Don't know the author and can't find the quote reference, but I thought it remarkably astute thinking.

 

Maybe each state will start building walls.....!    The governors have already been bidding up ventilator prices against each other....instead of cooperating / collaborating - not the brightest way to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ferret said:

I tripped over this quote on a weather channel about the upcoming hurricane season. Don't know the author and can't find the quote reference, but I thought it remarkably astute thinking.

 

That quote is probably more correct than not. The situation with a republic is that each governor has the say over his people. Any attempt by the Federal government to enact such a rule would instantly see several states sue for relief. That is why FEMA is a helper and NEVER the first responder. The State is always the first responder according to our constitution. The people who formed this country did not want a strong central government they wanted the ruling government to be closer to and responsible to the citizens. President Trump may feel compelled to ask for a national quarantine  wo watch for the reaction. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kiko said:

The pattern I see is chaos.  What is the pattern you see?

I posted that information for those not educated beyond their intelligence. I see you came across it by mistake. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, geeser said:

That quote is probably more correct than not. The situation with a republic is that each governor has the say over his people. Any attempt by the Federal government to enact such a rule would instantly see several states sue for relief. That is why FEMA is a helper and NEVER the first responder. The State is always the first responder according to our constitution. The people who formed this country did not want a strong central government they wanted the ruling government to be closer to and responsible to the citizens. President Trump may feel compelled to ask for a national quarantine  wo watch for the reaction. 

Lots of people here do not desire to understand our Republic, they just want to bash because they are jealous of America. That is just the way it is and they don't even deny it any more.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not jealous of the U.S., never have been and never will be. There are many, many countries that I would rather live in than the U.S.

I prefer a country that takes care of all of its people.

I understand that a Governor has the say over his people but, do you think that guidance (read suggestion based on knowledge) from the top is out of place in this situation?

Flip side... when a country goes to war, can the Governor of a particular state refuse to send troops?

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I'm not jealous of the U.S., never have been and never will be. There are many, many countries that I would rather live in than the U.S.

I prefer a country that takes care of all of its people.

I understand that a Governor has the say over his people but, do you think that guidance (read suggestion based on knowledge) from the top is out of place in this situation?

Flip side... when a country goes to war, can the Governor of a particular state refuse to send troops?

Thanks for proving that those jealous of the US do not understand a Republic and its division of powers. Perfect example of both

. :D

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, geeser said:

Then you need to be careful of where you get your news. President Trump knows how government works. If you understand aw well then you know that all spending bills originate in the House of Representatives. Checks are not signed by the President. Does the president sign your social security check? Your use of the word "WANTED" to sign means there is NO source for this lie. 

As per usual this story originated from an alleged, unnamed White House source and has been quickly repeated ad nauseam without any proof whatsoever by the usual media suspects.  Unfortunately, there are still some who can't seem to develop a healthy sense of skepticism about unnamed sources being cited by known biased media and refrain from viewing such as credible.  A real report has real, verifiable sources.  Credible media will show you all sides and avoid semantically inflammatory language.

The rest is idle gossip or just simply made up crap.  Unfortunately that is the state of the so called MSM these days, including the lone one that does not follow the general narrative, and thus you have to really spend time digging things up to understand what is going on.  And even that doesn't always work.

Ferret, the guidance from the top is being ignored or attacked.  Unfortunately the strength of the U.S. system, the strong state sharing of governance, is also its weakness.  Think of it in terms of what happens when you try and run something with a very bulky and divided committee.  What you get is a lot of squabbling and back stabbing.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, geeser said:

Then you need to be careful of where you get your news. President Trump knows how government works. If you understand aw well then you know that all spending bills originate in the House Representatives. Checks are not signed by the President. Does the president sign your social security check? Your use of the word "WANTED" to sign means there is NO source for this lie. 

This, from SenorGoogle: 

"President Trump supposedly wanted to have his signature appear on the coronavirus relief checks being mailed to people across the United States.

"Mr. Trump has told people he wants his signature to appear on the direct payment checks that will go out to many Americans in the coming weeks," the Wall Street Journal reported, citing an administration official."

Source: the Washington Examiner, according to Google.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mainecoons said:

  Think of it in terms of what happens when you try and run something with a very bulky and divided committee.  What you get is a lot of squabbling and back stabbing.

 

Kinda like here ! :D

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...